Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2014, 09:35 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Keeping a perspective on everything is healthy.

I still think it sounds a tad 'funky'. Almost sounds that you feel pressured into this whole thing. Again, I question the professionalism (?) of the therapist.

Just don't forget that her 'anger, resentment ..' are her issues - not yours.

Perhaps tell the therapist you have no problem but you will be sending her a bill for your therapy in dealing with the wife's therapy.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:07 PM

Serene is on a distinguished road

Sending/asking for a bill for the therapy seems antagonistic to me. Either you want to help or you don't. Either you want to participate or you don't. There is no right or wrong answer either. And remember you can opt in and opt out. Meaning you don't have to agree to future sessions - do what you can/want and forgo the rest.

I applaud you for giving it a go.
Old 07-24-2014, 03:01 PM

first timer is on a distinguished road

Update: sessions ended this week; she walked out of therapists office through the back door; then I got called in; the therapist apologized for her abrupt departure out the back and told me she is no longer interested in continuing with the sessions; he told me it was no fault of mine and to continue doing what I have been doing in regards to our kids and communication; her communication with me depends on a number of variables - mostly mood - none of which have anything to do with me so she is definitely not ready to put our kids best interests ahead of the conflict she has with me; oh well I tried for our kids sakes.
Old 07-24-2014, 03:32 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Hope this didn't cost you anything....
Old 07-25-2014, 08:11 AM

first timer is on a distinguished road

not a penny arabian; just my time and patience