Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2017, 12:30 PM

1ati2de is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian View Post
Totally naive, in particular regarding Spousal Support:

I financed my ex/our business for many years... decades. (A full partnership in an incorporated business). Upon separation he took off with all the money and left me holding the bag for corporate debt. You had better believe he pays me SS - indefinitely.

The only "improvement" required is in my ex's department. I'm self-sufficient (always have been). SS is the only way I can recoup a small percentage of my losses.

-------

easy answer - don't get married... don't procreate..

be sure to be prepared to look after yourself when you are a old man, all alone, surrounded by your "wealth"

Sheesh
NaÔve? You cannot possibly be serious or you have actually brainwashed yourself into thinking that he actually owes you? He owes you nothing and from what I have read he has not been charged with anything correct? It was a business that went bad and you were left holding the torch, both should have had the same debt and he defiantly should have been charged with fraud by steeling the money…if it was proven.

Do you honestly think you would get one cent if you had the same identical business outcome with a family member, close friend, investor? They would be on the hook to pay you support indefinitely? I would love to see that however one partner can go to dysfunctional family court system and have the other partner pay? Yes the system works very well I tell you!

Need to really think who is naÔve here?? Im not disrespecting you by and means but in any other circumstances in any other courtroom except family law this would be tossed out.
Old 08-28-2017, 12:47 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

Arabian, dont even get into it here. There are problems with the system yes but bitter people are the internets problem.
Old 08-28-2017, 01:19 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
Arabian, dont even get into it here. There are problems with the system yes but bitter people are the internets problem.
But, are the same people that gum up court rooms with all sorts of crappy arguments like this too.
Old 08-28-2017, 01:41 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayken View Post
But, are the same people that gum up court rooms with all sorts of crappy arguments like this too.

Ive always said that unreasonable people (who could also be bitter) are the biggest problem in family court.
Old 08-28-2017, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
Ive always said that unreasonable people (who could also be bitter) are the biggest problem in family court.
I disagree, when family court can dictate to you what you are liable short and long term because you decided to live, or marry is the problem. I donít think bitter is the word to use as itís not logical for any human to support any human under any circumstances.
Old 08-28-2017, 03:51 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ati2de View Post
I disagree, when family court can dictate to you what you are liable short and long term because you decided to live, or marry is the problem. I donít think bitter is the word to use as itís not logical for any human to support any human under any circumstances.
It certainly should not be the taxpayer's responsibility....
Old 08-29-2017, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian View Post
It certainly should not be the taxpayer's responsibility....
So then please explain how this is either partnerís responsibility to ďpayĒ for the person to live? In most cases both parties individually have made more money in the duration, financially they have grown with investments and other means together. So why would the one partner who usually started with a higher income on the hook to pay the other partner? I guarantee when most people meet no one is pulling someone off the street, taking them off welfare in order to live together. Both parties were living separate lives before without help now one person has to subsidise ones income?

Only in family law can this take place, the one with the higher income is always on the hook to pay for the other person for whatever reason and to boot with a timeframe with or without children. I would like to hear this and the government needs to stay out of peopleís lives as majority of the cases its hatred and greed. I personally have settled and donít pay, Iím not bitter about it but the system needs to be looked at as it is a joke.
Old 08-29-2017, 11:59 AM

Berner_Faith will become famous soon enough

Quote:
So then please explain how this is either partnerís responsibility to ďpayĒ for the person to live? In most cases both parties individually have made more money in the duration, financially they have grown with investments and other means together. So why would the one partner who usually started with a higher income on the hook to pay the other partner? I guarantee when most people meet no one is pulling someone off the street, taking them off welfare in order to live together. Both parties were living separate lives before without help now one person has to subsidise ones income?

Only in family law can this take place, the one with the higher income is always on the hook to pay for the other person for whatever reason and to boot with a timeframe with or without children. I would like to hear this and the government needs to stay out of peopleís lives as majority of the cases its hatred and greed. I personally have settled and donít pay, Iím not bitter about it but the system needs to be looked at as it is a joke.

So I assume you would be okay with your tax dollars going towards welfare for separated parents who have no income?

You fail to understand that both partners have a fault in the scenarios they create... it wasn't just one spouse who decides to stay home, that is ALWAYS a family decision. If as a partner you don't agree then you leave the relationship... by staying you are accepting this behaviour and thus are also at fault. No matter what you think, it takes two in order to make these decisions.

Stay at home parents are always great until separation happens and then all the sudden the other parent cries wolf and states they never agreed to it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-29-2017, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berner_Faith View Post
So I assume you would be okay with your tax dollars going towards welfare for separated parents who have no income?

You fail to understand that both partners have a fault in the scenarios they create... it wasn't just one spouse who decides to stay home, that is ALWAYS a family decision. If as a partner you don't agree then you leave the relationship... by staying you are accepting this behaviour and thus are also at fault. No matter what you think, it takes two in order to make these decisions.

Stay at home parents are always great until separation happens and then all the sudden the other parent cries wolf and states they never agreed to it!

No I do not think that taxpayerís money should go to anyone who doesnít want to work period, especially ones that were married and separated and refuse to work.

You are absolutely right that with the birth of a child both parents need to split the maternity time 50/50 for a minimum of 2 years. Government should supply daycare for children over the age of 2 to allow both parents to work to sustain equality in the marriage period! Then nothing can be said about one person took care of the family and one went to work or anything about welfare OR support. This I would support and will have abundance of cash saved with little Family Court.
Old 08-29-2017, 01:29 PM

Berner_Faith will become famous soon enough

Quote:
No I do not think that taxpayerís money should go to anyone who doesnít want to work period, especially ones that were married and separated and refuse to work.

You are absolutely right that with the birth of a child both parents need to split the maternity time 50/50 for a minimum of 2 years. Government should supply daycare for children over the age of 2 to allow both parents to work to sustain equality in the marriage period! Then nothing can be said about one person took care of the family and one went to work or anything about welfare OR support. This I would support and will have abundance of cash saved with little Family Court.

Why should tax payers have to pay for parents to put their children in daycare? What about the mass of people who don't have kids? Their tax dollars go towards other peoples kids because parents don't want to be responsible for their own offspring?