Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2015, 07:55 PM

mcdreamy is on a distinguished road
Default spotify vs apple music?

Anyone facing these choices? I'm an established Apple user- iphone, itunes, ipod for the gym, ipad for the bedroom and everything uploaded to cloud.

But I downloaded Spotify premium 3 months ago and have been creating some great playlists to run with.

There was a software upgrade to my iphone today that I took and now I see Apple Music has been installed -- and it looks like it could be a choice? [on a side note, I find it annoying Apple uploads stuff that I don't specifically ask for].

Has anyone jumped either the spotify or the itunes ship yet for the other package? If so, why?
Old 07-05-2015, 08:17 PM

LovingFather32 is an unknown quantity at this point

What does this have to do with separation/divorce? Oh .. general chat? I stick with itunes because I like it. (yawn)
Old 07-06-2015, 01:38 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdreamy View Post
Anyone facing these choices? I'm an established Apple user- iphone, itunes, ipod for the gym, ipad for the bedroom and everything uploaded to cloud.

But I downloaded Spotify premium 3 months ago and have been creating some great playlists to run with.

There was a software upgrade to my iphone today that I took and now I see Apple Music has been installed -- and it looks like it could be a choice? [on a side note, I find it annoying Apple uploads stuff that I don't specifically ask for].

Has anyone jumped either the spotify or the itunes ship yet for the other package? If so, why?
Answer: Spotify

Reason: Spotify Just Discovered That Heavy Metal Is More Popular Than Pop Music | NOISEY

Listen to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRMXTvsCBwQ

Good Luck!
Tayken
Old 07-06-2015, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayken View Post
ahaha! I just had a flashback to Daytona Beach, spring breaks.

I'll continue w/Spotify, I have so much of my spare time invested in those playlists! I should have just messaged you, music man.
Old 07-07-2015, 12:06 AM

Beachnana is on a distinguished road

Spotify? I have just started to think avout downloading music after my cd collection has again been moved into yet another location in the house and I feel like I need to get rid of it. So I am putting them all into digital format and will play them from my iphone. I recently acquired a Bose Soundlink mini so it looks sleek on the counter rather than the honming great CD player.

So after all this effort I vowed not to buy another cd but to purchase digital music. Did not know of anything else other than ITunes, so interested in this.
Old 07-07-2015, 08:38 PM

Beachnana, if you are just starting with your cd’s now, you have a lot of work ahead of you! I don’t envy you, but uploading your music and organizing is worth the effort.

Since you are already an Apple user, I think you’d be best to upgrade your phone software to the new iOS 8.4 and first check out Apple music. Which iphone do you have?

Apple is offering all of their music features free for the first 3 months, and you’ll have an opportunity to check out how to create playlists, etc. You also have access to Apple Radio stations (preprogrammed and specific to genre). Cost after 3 months is going to be $10/month to continue.

Spotify is a similar music program that has been around for a while and also gives the user unlimited access to all music online for $10/month.

I didn’t (and still don’t) find iTunes userfriendly on my laptop, which is why I don't want to work with it. I don’t understand why they can’t figure out the laptops - iTunes works well on my iphone, ipod, etc. but when I actually start to work within the program on my laptop to switch up playlists, it’s the proverbial poopshow. Is it better with Mac users?

Of course, the deal with both is that once you stop paying your monthly membership fees, the free playlists you’ve been enjoying disappear. I would typically spend far more than $120/annum on cd’s, so for me, the annual fees are a deal.

Fwiw, I’ve been listening to the Apple radio today and checking out the different choices - they aren’t bad! The Blues is playing Buddy Guy.... Dammmm. Saw him live last year and he just gets better with age. And I’m having a dinner party Friday night and will definitely have it pegged to the “Smooth Jazz” channel for most of the evening.

But: (1) I won’t pay for both; (2) I don’t think I can move my Spotify playlists to iTunes; and (3) until Apple deals with making my laptop a friendlier environment for iTunes, I’ll stick with Spotify. And, of course, (4) as Tayken pointed out — metalheads rule

Have fun with your move, it does take a lot of energy and time to upload your cd's but you'll treasure that music for years. And if you want to commit to $10/month you can start creating your own playlists for the gym, dinner parties, drives, etc. I actually plan changing playlists for my holiday times or set aside specific days on weekends

If you have any questions with Spotify, let me know. I'll likely play around with Apple for the next 3 months, but I won't be moving my playlists over at any time in the foreseeable future.

You won't miss that old CD player whatsoever!

Last edited by mcdreamy; 07-07-2015 at 08:46 PM.
Old 07-08-2015, 09:37 AM

Beachnana is on a distinguished road

Thank you. Helpful info. I tend to use Jango radio, which is free but wanted the freedom of streaming music from my iphone. Less bulk to carry around the. The iPad. Its going to be my winter project hopefully.