Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2005, 01:58 AM

SigRent is on a distinguished road

I think this is a great way to meet people although it should be mixed with meeting people face to face.
Some people on these sites are just like you and i normal intelligent people but should always look out for people that arent and stay well clear.
I think we will see more online dating as the internet becomes more popular.
Old 11-17-2005, 03:43 PM

Gwen is on a distinguished road

I have friends who have used canadianpersonals.net and have met some very interesting members of the opposite sex as well as those of the same. Although there is an annual fee - around 30 US$ (yes, it's a Canadian site????????), there are no additional fees for chatting, mailing etc. There also is a board for posting many different issues from relationships, entertainment, news, food, hobbies, etc.

I've visited but not joined...... it would appear that there is a lot of support for single issues on this site! Not a slimeball site!

G
Old 11-17-2005, 04:45 PM

pemachine is on a distinguished road

Another great one is OKCupid. Absolutely free and probably the best and most in depth matching system I have ever seen. The only thing about it is that it takes some time... there are a lot of personality questions to answer, and the more you answer the better your matches will be...plus it's open source, which basically means that the questions and quizzes are written by the users. In all, it's fairly awesome.

And no I don't work for them LOL... but I *did* meet a truly excellent woman through it whom I have been dating for several months now and we are as happy as clams in the sand.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:40 AM

hubby will become famous soon enough
Default Get to know yourself

I would suggest before dating that one get to know themselves. Learn what went wrong in your marriage and do not repeat.

I've taken the last few weeks to search the net, read books about realationships and what makes them work ... unfortunately my current wife will not be able to enjoy the fruits of my labor but the next lucky lady will.

I am SO grateful to her for helping to make me a better person ... she is (was)my LIFE mentor and I thank her so much for all she has taught me about life.

I thank the BIG guy above for having given me the opportunity to share a portion of our lives together ... God bless her soul.

Hubby
Old 12-01-2005, 09:46 PM

polar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikitaforce
Just curious if anyone out here is using some of the singles site?

How are you coping with "buyer beware"? Paid sites vs Free sites?

Welcome to dating and the singles life in the year 2005!!
I like them
I have not had a problem. I dont really go on any free sites (are there any good ones?)
I have made some good friends using these sites.. nothing more than that though.
Old 12-09-2005, 07:25 PM

lpstong is on a distinguished road

Yes I am a bit weary of putting up internet services. I have came across a few I did likes. Some were a little bit more geared towards ones values and some were general. I have visited and posted on plentyoffish, yahoo personals, drdating, matchtales(kind of hard to navigate through but good advice given out). Just have to toy around till you find one you like. But I have had an easier time meeting people face to face.
Old 12-23-2005, 02:35 AM

ladyluck is on a distinguished road

DrDating?
Thats one I have not heard of.

Is it an actual singles classified site?
Old 01-04-2006, 08:22 PM

shellye79 is on a distinguished road

I used Yahoo Personals once. I found a guy who lived in the same place as I do and we have been dating for 10 months now.
Old 01-05-2006, 10:27 AM

hubby will become famous soon enough
Default Good for U

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellye79
I used Yahoo Personals once. I found a guy who lived in the same place as I do and we have been dating for 10 months now.
Ah, I love success stories ... good for you Michelle.

Hubby
Old 01-05-2006, 06:05 PM

Hanging On is on a distinguished road

Out of curiosity I looked at OK cupid but was not too impressed - a lot of really young guys looking for a good time I think. The yahoo personals seemed a little better. There is also one called "singleparentmeet.com". I am getting discouraged, when I think of the future, finding it hard as a soon-to- be-separated 40 year-old woman with two kids to believe any guy would want the baggage! Even if I'm cute and brilliant!! (hahaha!!!)
Closed Thread