Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2005, 12:04 AM

nikitaforce will become famous soon enoughnikitaforce will become famous soon enough
Wink Singles Sites-Using them?

Just curious if anyone out here is using some of the singles site?

How are you coping with "buyer beware"? Paid sites vs Free sites?

Welcome to dating and the singles life in the year 2005!!
Old 10-12-2005, 09:51 PM

logicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Yahoo to logicalvelocity

I do alot of things online such as internet banking. I feel most secure in doing this. I have seen those online dating sites pay and free ones. People meet in various ways. I have heard horror stories and I have heard positive stories. I think it would be similar to any other method of meeting people but trust your instincts and meet in a public place.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:15 PM

nikitaforce will become famous soon enoughnikitaforce will become famous soon enough

Good for you logical...glad to hear you have a good balance...so many men and women get sucked into the craziness and the addiction of some of those sites and forget to pay attention to their lives outside the internet world.

Balance is the key to it as anything is...
Old 10-14-2005, 08:06 PM

logicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Yahoo to logicalvelocity
Smile

Right you are balance is important.

I have seen them but have yet to have a requirement. Anything online you have to be cautious about. I personally prefer the old fashioned method myself.
Old 10-15-2005, 12:39 PM

OlllieJo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to OlllieJo Send a message via MSN to OlllieJo
Default Online services

Hi there, my name is Ollie, I have found the man of my dreams on the American Singles site...all the people on there are not weirdos!!! What is going on in your life? I see your pic, you are a beautiful woman!! Hope things are going your way!!
Old 10-15-2005, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlllieJo
Hi there, my name is Ollie, I have found the man of my dreams on the American Singles site...all the people on there are not weirdos!!! What is going on in your life? I see your pic, you are a beautiful woman!! Hope things are going your way!!
Have you met anyone on the singles sites that are worth your time? Ha!! I had to kiss a few frogs before I found out that there really is love after divorce...
Old 10-15-2005, 12:47 PM

Default Is anyone using the singles sites?

YES, I found the love of my life on American Singles...He is all I could ever have wanted..If you want more info just ask, I had to kiss a few frogs before I met him, but it was worth the wait..I found out there is Love after divorce..
How about you?
Old 10-15-2005, 01:45 PM

Hi Ollie Jo
I will assume you are talking about me when you say "beautiful" woman since I m the only one with a pic up on this thread..lol! Thank you!
I have and still frequent the internet single sites...I have kissed a few frogs, found some real whackjobs on there, made some fabulous friends (male and female), and have met and dated some simply amazing people but no...not prince charming yet. I m fairly picky and having been in 22 year relationship for all the wrong reasons...my next partner in crime will be for the right reasons. I m in no hurry and I do believe that is the trick to any dating life...taking the time to get to know yourself is very important and kissing a few frogs is necessary otherwise you just walk back into the same type of relationship you walked out of if you are not careful.
Old 10-18-2005, 06:22 PM

kconnections is on a distinguished road

I have been using Yahoo Personals a little bit. I am just looking around I guess. I did pay for one month service but that is all.
Old 10-22-2005, 10:35 AM

Not that I m promoting one site over another...because they all have their advantages however...

www.plentyoffish.com is international and it is FREE...there are great forums to meet people and if you can stay out of the drama that occurs in any chat system...it is a great site.

Happy Hunting for those of you who are ready
Closed Thread