Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2014, 09:28 PM
Banned

Once.is.enough is on a distinguished road

I can understand your frustration as I have been through similar experiences. I also have sole custody an uninvolved ex and travel is reqired for my employment. I also work in a unionized environment so am familiar with seniority issues.

When my children were younger I would use a nanny and limit my trips away to as short a duration as possible. Now that they are older they are ca aple of caring for themselves.

If this was part of your union contract in my opinion it would not constitute a material change in circumstances.

As for the seniority issue you should have the option of bumping someone local with less seniority. If you are low man on the pole then your out of luck.

If you don't agree with your union stop paying your dues and apply your skills in the non union sector. If your any good at what you do it shouldn't be to hard.
Old 07-06-2014, 11:28 PM
Hand of Justice

Links17 is on a distinguished road

I feel like there was a recent supreme court case on a similar issue.

But isn't moving for work part of life?
Old 07-12-2014, 01:45 AM

undersc0re is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Links17 View Post
I feel like there was a recent supreme court case on a similar issue.

But isn't moving for work part of life?
I am not so sure, most people I know never move for work, unless they are upper management and signed up for that sort of stuff. I know a few rcmp officers that moved around a bit, not too much though. A bank manager down the street has moved a few times for his job. If everyone moved for work, there would be a lot more rich realestate agents and the government would be happier with all the extra property transfer taxes for sure! Not so good for kids learning to create long term relationships and settling in somewhere.