Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2014, 06:36 PM

undersc0re is on a distinguished road

Thanks for that info, I think I am gonna have to go in order to keep making money and a job for now and figure the fight later, I don't want to go through a fight like those ladys! Maybe I will be offered time off to come home often or a job of lesser pay in a different department. I am sure they will help, instead of consider me a burden. Might go crazy not seeing my kids, or feel guilty, as long as I can concentrate at work I guess.
Old 07-06-2014, 08:23 PM

mcdreamy is on a distinguished road

I think you should seriously reconsider leaving your children for a job. You are, by leaving the children in the care of a nanny, I suspect creating a potential material change in circumstance. Which could open the door to your ex to seek more access and possibly primary custody.

Frankly, your move should open the door for an NCP to seek access. Why on earth would you think a job should take priority over your children?
Old 07-06-2014, 08:55 PM

Berner_Faith will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdreamy View Post
I think you should seriously reconsider leaving your children for a job. You are, by leaving the children in the care of a nanny, I suspect creating a potential material change in circumstance. Which could open the door to your ex to seek more access and possibly primary custody.

Frankly, your move should open the door for an NCP to seek access. Why on earth would you think a job should take priority over your children?
I agree with this. Whether that "nanny" is your sister or not, the children need a parent in their life, not an aunt to raise them.
Old 07-06-2014, 08:59 PM

Beachnana is on a distinguished road

And do not say that will not happen because Mom has not been around. Guessing,she might just suddenly feel the need to be there and be the custodial parent and you can pay her to stay home with the children. The posters here are correct. Huge mistake. Take them with you and find another Nanny. They will have the benefit of you in their lives and get to live somewhere new. Unless of course you are going somewhere dangerous!
Old 07-06-2014, 09:06 PM

Quote:

I was going to just leave for a period of time like 3weeks, then come backnt for a week, this for 2 months until I can keep finances straight, better than living in a cardboard box. Try and work something out during this period, hopefully work something out with work or find a new job. I doubt they would let me stay in my current position at work for too long disturbing the order of seniority. I dunno how hard I should push back. I would not leave my children with the nanny for long, just emergency care.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:10 PM

Beachnana is on a distinguished road

Good thinking. You could always fly them out for,the weekend to relieve the nanny and for R and R with yourself and the girls.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:11 PM

Berner_Faith will become famous soon enough

3 weeks isn't emergency care. You are going from their sole care giver to essentially a visitor. You are going to be home for 2 weeks out of 8 or 25% of the time. Certainly not fair to your children and what happens if you can't "figure things out"?
Old 07-06-2014, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rioe View Post
Your family status (ie, parenting responsibilities) must be accommodated by your employer.

See: Discrimination on the Basis of Family Status

Ok, so maybe I can hand that to the union and the company, and tell them I am not going anywhere, please keep me working here if you can....I guess the union will argue that out with the company though....
Old 07-06-2014, 10:07 PM

mcdreamy is on a distinguished road

In your shoes, I would have had my resume out and in action 6 weeks ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachnana View Post
Take them with you and find another Nanny. They will have the benefit of you in their lives and get to live somewhere new. Unless of course you are going somewhere dangerous!
^^ terrible advice. Focus on maintaining the childrens' current patterns, which would include their school, neighbors and yes, the other parent. Children require both parents to be actively involved to the best of their abilities and honestly a job should never take priority over a parent.

Push back with your admin. Involve your union rep and ask that they step in on your behalf.
Old 07-06-2014, 10:13 PM

Quote:
In your shoes, I would have had my resume out and in action 6 weeks ago.

^^ terrible advice. Focus on maintaining the childrens' current patterns, which would include their school, neighbors and yes, the other parent. Children require both parents to be actively involved to the best of their abilities and honestly a job should never take priority over a parent.

Push back with your admin. Involve your union rep and ask that they step in on your behalf.
I have been actively seeking a job, they are far and few right now, lots of layoffs around lately, hopefully it turns around soon.