Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2007, 05:12 PM

Ottawa is on a distinguished road
Default Sell or Not to Sell

Separated almost a year ago. Bought the ex out of the house. I'm thinking of selling.

Just seeing if anyone has encountered this type of situation and what they ended up doing.

Thx
Old 01-06-2007, 11:52 PM

logicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Yahoo to logicalvelocity

Ottawa,

When you purchased your ex from title, most likely the property was appraised or given a set value on date of separation etc. If your the sole owner of the property, you are free to sell same.

lv
Old 01-08-2007, 10:29 AM

wmike is on a distinguished road

Ottawa.,

Hi, I just settled my score with my Ex., Dec 18th, remortgaged and bought her out. I kept the house, as it still remains my children's home even though they are now 21, 19 and 16yrs old.

I'm sticking with the house as I have quite a bit of equity in it and I am hoping that it will be a good part of my retirement fund later on.

In my case I did not want to sell for a smaller home OR in any way return to renting.!

It's not just a house....I consider it my "home".

wmike
Old 01-08-2007, 07:58 PM

00799 is on a distinguished road
Default sell or not to sell

If you think you feel like making a move (its a lot of work), it sometimes helps to in order to move forward emotionally. You begin a new life in a new home of your own. I was happy to be the one to move out because there were too many, good and bad memories, everywhere I looked.
Closed Thread