Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2011, 12:25 PM

cashcow4ex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkyface View Post
I figure if they are in university, THAT IS THEIR #1 JOB - don't waste the $$s spent on tuition by not doing the needed after-class studying. Sure, summer jobs can help - but at that point they are UNSKILLED labour - not too likely to be raking in much for those 3 months... and ideally they would live at home during the off-term to save money again (which means parents are supporting somewhat).

I aint buying it. Its called student loans...they get a part time job to cover off their expenses such as cloths, food and party money.

Sorry but when I was going through University I didnt do it with a golden spoon in my mouth. Why does the courts think that my children should just because their damn parents are divorced.

Hey I love my kids so dont get me wrong but at what point does it quit being there "#1 JOB"
At some point they need to grow up and be accountable for their own paths they chose to follow.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:49 PM

Mess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the rough

The courts aren't there to sort out your arguments about whether you pay for education or not.

If you and your ex can come to an agreement that the kid pays their own way, then the courts will support that.

The courts only step and make you pay if the two of you can't agree. They do this because they don't want to bother listening to arguments over education, they will just come down on the side of the child.

If you don't want to pay, then be friendly, reasonable, have a good relationship with your ex and be an involved parent and explain your reasons and get the ex onside. If you can't do that, the courts don't care what your arguments are.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:30 PM

mizzliz90 is on a distinguished road

Can someone let me know what exactly this means....its in a final court order. It says: This court further orders that this order may be taken out by the respondent (the dad) without the approval of the applicant (the mom), as to form and content.
Does anyone know what that means?
Old 06-21-2011, 01:47 PM

dinkyface will become famous soon enough

MizzLiz please post your question in a new topic. It has nothing to do with this topic.
Closed Thread