Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2016, 02:12 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future
Default R. v. Elliott, 2016 ONCJ 35

R. v. Elliott, 2016 ONCJ 35 (CanLII)
Date: 2016-01-22
Citation: R. v. Elliott, 2016 ONCJ 35 (CanLII), CanLII - 2016 ONCJ 35 (CanLII)

Gregory Alan Elliott not guilty in Twitter harassment case
Gregory Alan Elliott not guilty in Twitter harassment case - Toronto - CBC News

Quote:
A man charged with criminal harassment over his dealings on Twitter with two Toronto women's rights activists has been found not guilty — ending a trial that is expected to set a precedent for cases of online harassment.

Gregory Alan Elliott was accused of harassing Stephanie Guthrie and Heather Reilly over several months in 2012.

Guthrie and Reilly said they feared for their safety, testifying during the trial at the Ontario Court of Justice that they believed Elliott kept tabs on them and their whereabouts through social media, even after they blocked his account.

There were rumblings in the courtroom as Judge Brent Knazan read his decision. Supporters for both sides filled the benches, with some even sitting on the floor.

In his tweets, Elliott was largely explaining himself and furthering his views "however offensive or wrong they may be," the judge said, while recognizing the language could be "vulgar and sometimes obscene."

The charges were dismissed.
Old 01-22-2016, 11:21 PM
Hand of Justice

Links17 is on a distinguished road

I actually wasted time reading part of this decision, its pretty much false accusations but there is so much noise that it takes time to get there.

I found the women who filed the harassment charge were worse than the defendant.... They were making false allegations he was sexually assaulting 13 yr old girls or something....

Pretty ridiculous....
Old 01-27-2016, 02:25 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Links17 View Post
Pretty ridiculous....
It is... The whole thing does shed light on the extreme nonsense "gender war" going on in social media.
Old 01-27-2016, 02:57 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Tremendous waste of court resources IMO. However, I guess with social media being so popular nowadays a case like this was to be expected sooner or later.

(I wonder what one has to do, or hold which credentials, to be considered an "expert in twitter"?) LOL
Old 01-27-2016, 08:34 PM
Hand of Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayken View Post
It is... The whole thing does shed light on the extreme nonsense "gender war" going on in social media.
What happened to that whole the moon is made out of spare ribs?
Old 01-28-2016, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Links17 View Post
What happened to that whole the moon is made out of spare ribs?
I posted the case law that goes with the article. Still waiting...

If the moon was made of spare ribs would you eat it?
Old 01-28-2016, 02:12 PM
Hand of Justice

I posted my 2 case - or are you referring to a specific case I used?

Unfortunately, you can't have your moon and eat it too..