Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2016, 03:18 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian View Post
I totally agree with you. I find it entertaining to watch the various news outlets immediately after an "occurrence". I used to think BBC was good news but I'm not so sure of those guys anymore.
You have to read multiple sources now. It just takes too much time to deal with these days. No source is truly a good source. There are no "raw" news sources left. They all have some crappy slant.
Old 11-09-2016, 09:37 PM

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Trump trumped Clinton. It was as if they were in a child custody battle at times. I'm happy the father won. Mom lied a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-10-2016, 08:05 AM

ifonlyihadknown is on a distinguished road

The US wanted change. Just look at Trump and Sanders. And enough of them didn't care if the agent of change was spouting nonsense. Clinton is establishment. Electing her wouldn't have changed anything.

Similar to Brexit, the establishment has been ignoring a large portion of their own population and it has come back to bite them. I see similarities in this to the pushback to the TPP and CETA.

When change happens, such as industries moving to China or Mexico, NAFTA, and other trade deals there are always winners and losers. A good government would help the losers adapt but they seem more interested in helping their friends and faithful. Now people are fed up.

In a democracy, everyone gets to vote, even if they don't agree with you. Some people who spout on about diversity are only interested in the diversity they believe in. The tendency of some people to bash whoever voted for Trump is exactly the reason he won.
Old 11-10-2016, 08:16 AM

hopefull is on a distinguished road

...as opposed to lying about financials, she lied about her email handling. To add insult to the whole thing for her, Trump won Arkansas where her husband was once Gov and slept with loads of women

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinton View Post
Trump trumped Clinton. It was as if they were in a child custody battle at times. I'm happy the father won. Mom lied a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-10-2016, 08:21 AM

.....and how is this different here in Canada? President Trump (PT) is echoing what most political / powerful types are scared to utter both in the US and Canada, and his actions and now results might just change things this side of the border when the next election comes around.

There is already a female version of Trump here now

Quote:
Trump’s win an ‘exciting message’ that’s needed in Canada, Kellie Leitch says

The Tory leadership candidate’s campaign has proposed screening immigrants for as-yet undefined Canadian values, while criticizing her fellow candidates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rioe View Post
Many Americans (a majority, apparently) don't care if the world is better. They just want their own personal tiny piece of it to be better, even if it comes at the expense of others. Trump promised that, and they didn't have the sense to realize that these promises are impossible to pull off.

I worry about what kind of global damage he can do in four years.
https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...itch-says.html
Old 11-10-2016, 08:27 AM

Yet Canadians ride on the back of all that you've just described. I mean supporting a NFL, NHL team you have no connection with south of the border is considered what????

Ironically, a lot of women voted for TRUMP in many states and there is even a group calling themselves "Trump Women"

Quote:
Why white women voted for Trump

It appears that many women weren't concerned with Trump's comments about women. The official "Women for Trump" website doesn't overlook it — the site, which is not officially affiliated with or supported by the Trump campaign, acknowledge's Trump's sexist comments and rationalizes they make him authentic.
"That's because he's not working off a TelePrompTer or a script fine tuned by a consultant and focus groups," the Women for Trump site stated. "We look at his actions, not his words."
Other women brushed off the candidates comments and didn't seem to mind that Trump has talked about assaulting women without their consent.
"Groping is a healthy thing to do. When you're heterosexual, you grope, okay? It's a good thing," Jane Biddick, a female Trump supporter, told New York Magazine.
And of course, women likely voted for Trump for the same reasons as men. His criticism of immigrants is comforting to some Republicans and may have given him an edge when it came to Republican-leaning women, the Washington Post reported in April 2016. Trump's rhetoric of taking back the country appealed to women in the Tea Party.
Why women of color didn't

Polling numbers reveal black women and Latina women were more apt to show Clinton the love at the polls. A whopping 94% of black women voted for Clinton, down slightly from the 96% of black women that voted for President Obama in 2012.
Black women are a force: They had the highest turnout out of any group in the 2012 election, the Washington Post reported, noting that 74% of eligible black women cast their vote. In that election, a greater percentage of eligible white women and black women voted compared to eligible white and black men.
https://mic.com/articles/158995/more...ton#.A3lyqK634

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingFather32 View Post
Agree.

The problem with the US is that they're addicted to drama, shock and awe. "Jersey Shore", Kardashian's", "Jerry Springer", etc. The Donald is "all" shock and awe so I'm not too surprised. They didn't want a president this year, they wanted a circus monkey to laugh at. And that's what they got.

I still feel like it's a bad dream or some kind of practical joke.