Ottawa Divorce .com Forums


User CP

New posts

Advertising

  Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 04-11-2017, 09:54 AM
LovingFather32's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 4,515
LovingFather32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

It's too bad Angie followed me here for more discussions .. this one was about personal attacks on the forums and nothing else. What would you like to talk about now Angie?
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 04-11-2017, 09:57 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Alberta
Posts: 153
Soiled is on a distinguished road
Default

LF, on your threads when you joined the forum, yes, S&T frequently jumped in and gave her opinion, which you didn't agree with, nor appreciate. She made assumptions about you, and your Ex, and stated her disbelief of your stated actions.

Which, is pretty similar to how you've acted towards Angie. Reading Angies threads and seeing you jump in and start off on her, I get just as irritated and frustrated as I did when S&T jumped in on your threads. You both take the threads off topic, constantly arguing in circles, and dredging up random junk/quotes from the past to prop up your points.

S&T likely wasn't of much assistance to you during your issues, and you likely provide just as little assistance to Angie. The horse is dead, leave the poor thing alone.
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 04-11-2017, 10:04 AM
LovingFather32's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 4,515
LovingFather32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ange71727 View Post
I think while many wouldn't agree with me on everything, most are unbiased enough to realize that I have some valid concerns.
Since you stopped by "my thread" to talk about your case more...I think I will. Your concerns for not allowing even a 5% increase to 40% are not valid. Your worried about dad lying and telling kids things, etc. This is normal in almost every co-parenting arrangement..parents are always paranoid. No reason to deny access. You're concerned about his schedule. Let him present his parenting plan and if it's good and he has support systems...scratch that concern too.
Kids are thriving now and are in his care a lot...which means he's doing well.....or you would be experiencing major behavioral issues.


Quote:
you are not doing a great job since constantly making assumptions,embellishing details and trying to dig up supposed inaccuracies has caused you to lose credibility with me.
So did you say "I recorded my kid"...then later "I redirect my kid when issues come up"? This is no assumption...no embellishment...no inaccuracy. You said it...own it.

Quote:
There was a good conversation going on my last thread which was ended because nobody wants to hear these same old things you've been repeating for months.
With all due respect.
Your thread was finished. Many posters had answered you and nobody was responding anymore. I actually woke the thread back up .. ppl didn't stop because of me .. they were already gone.

Quote:
You've been unsuccessful in turning the entire forum against me (
Everybody was against you on your first thread. Good for you that you've been able to talk your way through things over the months. You haven't been able to walk circles around me .. sorry if that bothers you.
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 04-11-2017, 10:06 AM
LovingFather32's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 4,515
LovingFather32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soiled View Post
LF, on your threads when you joined the forum, yes, S&T frequently jumped in and gave her opinion, which you didn't agree with, nor appreciate. She made assumptions about you, and your Ex, and stated her disbelief of your stated actions.

Which, is pretty similar to how you've acted towards Angie. Reading Angies threads and seeing you jump in and start off on her, I get just as irritated and frustrated as I did when S&T jumped in on your threads. You both take the threads off topic, constantly arguing in circles, and dredging up random junk/quotes from the past to prop up your points.

S&T likely wasn't of much assistance to you during your issues, and you likely provide just as little assistance to Angie. The horse is dead, leave the poor thing alone.
Leave her alone? But she's joined my thread to talk about her case more. Just as she did with my other threads.

Obviously she revives the horse every time it's beaten. I wonder why?
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 04-11-2017, 10:17 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Alberta
Posts: 153
Soiled is on a distinguished road
Default

And you follow her on to her threads. Your both seem to seek each other out, though frankly, offhand I think your by far the bigger stalker, however I could be wrong there. Every time you get shut down on one of her threads, you create a 'convo'. This one, or previously the 50/50 'debate'. These are obvious and thinly veiled attempts to carry on the conversation, where you make a couple comments to bait your target in, and then gleefully start in on it again.
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 04-11-2017, 10:22 AM
LovingFather32's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 4,515
LovingFather32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soiled View Post
And you follow her on to her threads. Your both seem to seek each other out, though frankly, offhand I think your by far the bigger stalker, however I could be wrong there. Every time you get shut down on one of her threads, you create a 'convo'. This one, or previously the 50/50 'debate'. These are obvious and thinly veiled attempts to carry on the conversation, where you make a couple comments to bait your target in, and then gleefully start in on it again.
This thread was not a lure for her. Her case wasn't even brought up. It was about attacking personal characteristics of posters.

Don't get me wrong ... I've even wrote on Angies thread that she seems like a good person and a good parent. We've even PM'd each other where I try and make sure that there a no hard feelings. My convo's are nothing like S&T attacks.

I'm passionate about family law and I don't think that makes me a bad person. Want to know what frustrates me? Cases like this, where dad's been there a long time, and is only asking for a bit more access to be an equal parent .. and mom denies. This is why our court system is bogged down and I figure I'll try to promote change any way I can.

Too bad there aren't many others like me. It is extremely surprising to me that there aren't more posters encouraging her to allow the minimal extra access and avoid the world war in the court room.
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 04-11-2017, 10:29 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ontario
Posts: 3,035
Berner_Faith will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soiled View Post
And you follow her on to her threads. Your both seem to seek each other out, though frankly, offhand I think your by far the bigger stalker, however I could be wrong there. Every time you get shut down on one of her threads, you create a 'convo'. This one, or previously the 50/50 'debate'. These are obvious and thinly veiled attempts to carry on the conversation, where you make a couple comments to bait your target in, and then gleefully start in on it again.


I have to agree with Soiled... I usually ready every thread but most times I skim through these posters threads because it gets annoying to read the same over and over again...

LF- Ange doesn't agree with you. You repeating yourself over and over will not change her mind. When she asks a question stop bringing up old threads. Just stick to the topic at hand. It shouldn't be that hard. You don't have to insert yourself into every post she makes and try and point out her inconsistencies. Btw... she did admit to recording her children once and was told it was useless and she has since stopped. She learned from her mistake and has decided to redirect going forward. You're bringing up old new with that. Remember you made mistakes in the beginning as well and you also learned from them.

Ange - stop defending yourself to the same people over and over, you don't need to. They are not judges and you don't have to explain yourself. That being said, remember this is a public form and you are going to get many people who like to stir the pot. You have to have big shoulders to navigate brought the pettiness and find the actual advice.

I highly suggest you both use the ignore function so this forum stops being a platform for you two to bicker like school children.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 04-11-2017, 10:34 AM
LovingFather32's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 4,515
LovingFather32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Thanks Berner.

"Recording" Vs "redirecting" was just an example of her inconsistencies. I won't point out the other 10 because it bother people.

She wants to go in and start a court war over an extra day or 2 of access. I'm simply giving advice on how "not" to do it. Don't say he has psychological problems. Don't say she's withholding any additional access because of what he's done to her....don't talk about his new g/f being high maintenance and organizing his life....etc. This is pretty solid advice.

Berner...I haven't "inserted" myself in every post. I haven't even been here for several months.

Last edited by LovingFather32; 04-11-2017 at 10:36 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 04-11-2017, 10:37 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 2,901
rockscan will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingFather32 View Post
She can ignore. Why doesn't she ignore. Instead She follows me around the forum. I think she may enjoy it.

Your advice works both ways. You can ignore. You can avoid her posts. You gave your opinion in her initial posts. Then you have proceeded to continue to hammer her in separate posts asking new questions. Funny, you're a bit of an expert in hearsay comments with your ex but instead of simply answering, you had to go into the previous argument and hammer her on previous decisions. A simple "hearsay in affidavits is seen as x by judges" would have sufficed. Continuing into previous issues and statements was unnecessary. You're smarter than this!

As for other posters attacking you, don't give them more fodder.

The two of you are wrong and starting a thread to get people to defend your behaviour isn't really helpful. Move on.

I say the same to Angie. Stop encouraging a useless argument that solves nothing. Agree to disagree. If neither of you like what the other has to say, stop responding. Its exhausting!
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 04-11-2017, 11:13 AM
Tayken's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 6,486
Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future
Default

To be frank... I don't think Angie's case is very strong anyways. She is easily baited and will be horrible on the stand.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Personal Injury Settlement - Family Law GoDiegoGo Divorce & Family Law 2 07-09-2013 07:47 PM
personal belongings thrown out after separation agreement is signed. Mstone Divorce & Family Law 4 05-07-2013 07:53 AM
Personal Injury Settlement acpickering Financial Issues 6 11-20-2012 12:21 AM
Deposit on House / personal property jimi Common Law Issues 2 06-17-2010 09:42 AM
Removal of Personal Property Fedora Common Law Issues 0 11-06-2009 04:40 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:44 PM.