Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2005, 08:49 PM

Grace has a spectacular aura aboutGrace has a spectacular aura about

It is absolutely normal to be feeling this way, especially since your still very much in love with your wife. When my ex left me, I felt like a zombie. In all honesty, it took me 2 years to "get over it".

It is difficult when friends take sides. Do you have family around to support you during this stressful time in your life, parents, siblings, cousins?

Did you have hobbies that you use to enjoy that you could take up again? Joining a gym and exercising is an excellent option both for your physical and mental health.
Old 12-10-2005, 08:53 PM

hubby will become famous soon enough
Default Statistically speaking ..

Since Grace brought it up, it can take between 2 and 5 years to get over divorce.

Again, depending on the action you take, this can be shortened.

Hubby
Old 12-10-2005, 09:41 PM

It did take 2 years, for me emotionally, and that was with consistent ongoing professional counseling for both me and my children.

As far as my divorce, I'm still litigating into the 3rd year.
Old 12-11-2005, 01:52 PM

Lisa is on a distinguished road

Holy smokes Grace! That is a really long time to have to litigate with someone, and extremely hard to move on with your life when you are still focusing on getting the closure. I guess I am really lucky in the sense that I have so many people around me that make it easier. My best friend in the whole world is my life line, without him I would never have made it through alot of the stuff. Together we are keeping the kids heads above water and making sure that they get through this with the least amount of damage as possible. And for me, well, we are working on getting the closure so that I can move on and never look back. I hope all of you have friends, family, or someone in your lives that can do the same for you.
Old 12-11-2005, 04:02 PM

If you litigate through the court system, 3 years is not unheard of. I did have a two year pity party for myself, but I have since moved on. I go to trial spring/06, then the Judge can take up to 6 months to make a decision so I figure I have a year left.

I too have a wonderful family and great friends, that have supported me. I'm only looking forward, not back.
Old 12-11-2005, 11:39 PM

Lisa is on a distinguished road

Good for you Grace, I'm glad that you have people around you to get your through this. I have a friend that is looking at a trial ahead and it is a costly and emotionally straining experience ahead. I am doing everything in my power to get my case over as soon as possible so that the kids and I can move on and be happy. I do my best to look forward everyday, but every once in a while my ex will play on my good nature and send me spinning. I am one of those people that like a simple life and would like it if there was never a huge problem, I know it happens to the nicest people, but I wish it didn't. I have a hard time hating people, it just is not in my nature to do that, and besides, I have more important things/people to put my energy into. I wish it was all a bad dream that I need to wake up from.
Old 12-22-2005, 12:45 AM

imarketing0 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikitaforce
Many people when they separate/divorce...they feel like life has started over and they beginning writing lists of things they want to do...here are a few of mine...what are yours?
Further my education
Raise my daugther well
Do some traveling
Old 12-23-2005, 02:36 AM

ladyluck is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by imarketing0
Further my education
Raise my daugther well
Do some traveling
These are my goals too.
My kids are rather grown up, so travel is a big one for me. I never travelled much previously so here is my chance.
Closed Thread