Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2013, 10:55 AM

blinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura about

Congrats - nice choice!
Old 09-20-2013, 04:06 PM

Pursuinghappiness will become famous soon enough

Nice car FB. I believe you can transfer the warranty in part or whole if you don't use it and buy another Ford. If you got the maintenance plan, that's a good deal too.
Old 09-20-2013, 04:08 PM

FB_ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
Nice car FB. I believe you can transfer the warranty in part or whole if you don't use it and buy another Ford. If you got the maintenance plan, that's a good deal too.
I noticed on my sales receipt that they sold me an aftermarket (Tricare) warranty this morning. I have already let them know that was not what I wanted. Hopefully they will resolve this for me quickly without trouble. I did not buy any maintenance plan.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:09 AM

I picked up my car last night and I love it so far.

I got the warranty all sorted out, I got the 7 year / 200,000 km (FORD ESP PremierCare) bumper to bumper warranty.

Taxes, warranty, and upgrades all in it was $1000 more than my Mazda 3. There is not even a close comparison between these vehicles.

My insurance went up $14 on the new car. The new car is also eligible for the 5 year full replacement value instead of 2 like the Mazda 3. Hopefully I won't be needing it.

The Ford MyTouch w/sync and Nav is simply one amazing computer.

Thanks again everyone for your input.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:24 AM

Pursuinghappiness will become famous soon enough

Nice FB. I have a Lincoln but it has the same SYNC and you can upload pics of your kids on the console with a memory stick. I have to say, I'm still getting used to the nav...it can be a bit annoying compared to the one I had previously. But the 3D renderings when you're driving (when its available) are kinda awesome. It helps you find the right building when you're driving in downtown areas.

By the way, good idea changing out the Tricare warranty. They're fine but to make a claim, the dealer has to call Atlanta and it takes time for them to fund the claim. The ESP is directly with Ford.

Congrats on the new ride! Its definitely a car you can drive for a long, long time.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
Nice FB. I have a Lincoln but it has the same SYNC and you can upload pics of your kids on the console with a memory stick. I have to say, I'm still getting used to the nav...it can be a bit annoying compared to the one I had previously. But the 3D renderings when you're driving (when its available) are kinda awesome. It helps you find the right building when you're driving in downtown areas.

By the way, good idea changing out the Tricare warranty. They're fine but to make a claim, the dealer has to call Atlanta and it takes time for them to fund the claim. The ESP is directly with Ford.

Congrats on the new ride! Its definitely a car you can drive for a long, long time.
I've heard way to many horror stories about 3rd party warranties. They can put used parts etc. Like I said I have only ever lost money on a warranty once and that was the Mazda. Who knows if it would have paid off in the end.

The profit margins for dealers on the 3rd party warranties are pretty high that's why they push them. I was very happy with the way the dealer handled the situation.
Closed Thread