Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2017, 10:39 PM

Bellbaby is on a distinguished road

I've been away sick and catching up on my forum reading. There's always more to the story. Some parents and ex's don't know what to say the end. They just keep fighting.
Old 04-05-2017, 07:53 AM

ifonlyihadknown is on a distinguished road

Today's article is a doozy, Christie Blatchford: Ontario father paying twice his after-tax monthly income to his ex-wife | National Post

There are two sides to every story but going by the article, this case is truly evil. Ex-husband makes $65K and is $600K in debt. Earns $5,400 a month but pays $4,000 in SS and $2,866 in CS.

Ex-wife makes $100K/year as a teacher.

Ex-husband goes to court to try and get payments adjusted but ex-wife seems to be fighting it tooth and nail.
Old 04-05-2017, 10:05 AM

North of 40 is on a distinguished road

That is CRAZY. I've heard of people selling everything and walking away.

Now I see why.
Old 04-05-2017, 10:25 AM

arabian will become famous soon enough

I wonder if this is the case where the dude is actually from an extremely wealthy family who have sheltered his assets in the family's multi-million dollar flooring business, of which he used to take an exorbitant drawing from?

Would be helpful if we knew the case name?
Old 04-05-2017, 11:17 AM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian View Post
I wonder if this is the case where the dude is actually from an extremely wealthy family who have sheltered his assets in the family's multi-million dollar flooring business, of which he used to take an exorbitant drawing from?

Would be helpful if we knew the case name?
I searched and reviewed every case on CanLII in Ontario for the dates provided in the article. I couldn't find it. I also couldn't find it based on the direct "" quotes. Either it is bullshit or not posted to CanLII. I suspect it is the second. If we had access to the actual orders and decisions in CanLII (like we had with the other one) we would get the "real" story. Not the white washed one.