Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2016, 03:16 PM

stripes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayken View Post
Your quote not mine.
For me, I would say that the most important thing I learned is that I do not need to respond to every provocation
Still learning I guess.

I'm responding to this post at the risk of further solidifying Tayken's critique ...

Links' comments aren't in the category of provocation - not even close. He's got to work a lot harder than that to be provocative. I feel free to correct silly statements or not correct them as I choose. And most crucially (and omitted from Tayken's cut-n-paste), Links isn't my ex.
Old 08-16-2016, 03:34 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
Watching my partners knee jerk reactions and being held to standards his ex refuses to follow has been difficult.
Commonly stated by lawyers and judges as:

The sauce that is good for the goose is good for the gander.
You can't blow hot and cold at the same time.
Old 08-16-2016, 03:35 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripes View Post
I'm responding to this post at the risk of further solidifying Tayken's critique ...
It was a humorous observation and not a critique.
Old 08-16-2016, 03:48 PM

The most important thing I learned...

Is that some times case law gets posted for people who are actually posters when I write reviews of stupid things people do on CanLII. Then those people will go crazy and just post more crazy crap. Proving why the judge ruled the way they did.

Better stated as:

Don't come on here and post how awesome you are then respond to a posting of case law that identifies you egged the other parents car.
Old 08-16-2016, 03:49 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Commonly stated by lawyers and judges as:

The sauce that is good for the goose is good for the gander.

You can't blow hot and cold at the same time.

I was just joking with another divorced friend about the double standards so many ex wives have. Unless youre in front of a judge, no one sees the double standard!
Old 08-16-2016, 05:44 PM

stripes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
It was a humorous observation and not a critique.

... and I took it as such. Everything I've posted on this thread has been written with tongue firmly in cheek (too bad there's no emoji for that!).

(Well, except for the part about learning not to respond to every nutbar message from the ex - that part was serious).
Old 08-17-2016, 03:02 AM

mafia007 is on a distinguished road

What I learned the most is that the best advice and opinion are primarily from a bunch of monkeys on this forum. Plus, it's free!

I also learned that your best advocate was precisely yourself.

With my first lawyer, I was losing my whole equity, half my pension as a lump in lieu of SS and giving away full custody as she was pushing me to sign an agreement that she did not revised carefully. Because of her, I also completely lost access to my house and children. And today I don't pay SS.

My second lawyer... gees... I don't remember what my second lawyer did.... oh well she did nothing..... that's it she did nothing, this is why I fired her right off the bat.

My third and present lawyer, almost cost me my equity as she was directing me to sign the Direction and Acknowledgement to transfer the deeds of the matrimonial home to my ex without receiving my share. She said I would be in breach of the order if I refused to sign. Well I didn't and I was never served with a notice of contempt motion. Before my lawyer served and filed my affidavit today, I requested to revise everything before doing so as I only trust myself from now on.

Makes me wonder who really are the Monkeys... the ODF posters or our lawyers?