Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2014, 06:52 PM
Banned

MommyTime is an unknown quantity at this point
Default MommyTime's Very Own Thread to Discuss Whatever She Wants

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkandimgone View Post
Feel free to start a thread to discuss your opinions rather than hijacking the OP's thread on whether you should be trying to get he and the wife back together.

Let's stick to the actual financial questions asked in the financial forums in this thread about finances.
Opinion? Don't be ridiculous. 24 years is nothing to scoff at as a mere financial matter. I answered the financial matter of the IP to the best of my ability through various posts. Consideration outside of that is also within the ETHICS of a lawyer's counsel in most provinces. It's moral.

Providing a greater view to the OP outside of the narrowed question may be to the benefit of a marriage.

Is there a problem with that? Should this not be a consideration OUTSIDE of the primary question, and ensuing ones?

I don't desire to be with anyone right now amidst my current legal battle, but I have not given up hope that marriage is something to deem as sacred. 24 yrs is a long time. That is a factor here.

Kindly stop following all of my posts tonight. It's kinda creepy.
Old 10-19-2014, 06:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadAndTired View Post
I think you need to consider that you are projecting onto him. He asked for financial advice. If you want to derail his thread into something that YOU think he needs, you will be called on it.
It has only been an ethical suggestion that could be considered.
Old 10-19-2014, 06:56 PM
Banned

Is it everyone's intention on this board to support divorce / lawyers / court? WOW! I think some of us could do better than that.
Old 10-19-2014, 07:00 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyTime View Post
Is it everyone's intention on this board to support divorce / lawyers / court? WOW! I think some of us could do better than that.
you miss the point..this is a forum dedicated to divorce. It isn't a relationship rescue type of forum. People looked and found this site due to the fact they were looking for information on divorce.
Old 10-19-2014, 07:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkandimgone View Post
The questions being asked are questions specifically about the legality and steps to take. Your 'advice' has been completely unrelated to the actual questions being asked.

If you have an issue with me posting relevant information to the issues actually being asked about to the persons asking the questions, feel free to take it up with me by PM or with Jeff. I would ask that you refrain from hijacking every thread with your personal opinions and your arguments about why your posts are "valuable". You made your post, I made mine, allow the OP and others to focus on the actual topic at hand.
As indicated, I provided both an answer to the OP's question as well as something beyond that is more psychological / emotional. The OP will decide based on what he desires, not what either of us have added to this tread (and that is allowed). Others will decide based on the politics of this board. Neither makes us wrong. There is no offence here. Get a grip.
Old 10-19-2014, 07:04 PM
Banned

Divorce comes with emotion. That is what's missing from this board.
Old 10-19-2014, 07:06 PM

blinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura about

Nope. Those looking for support do so in the dedicated forum for seeking emotional support:

Divorce Support - Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

You can do so as well, but hijacking every thread with your own personal arguments just isn't going to happen.

Regards,
BlinkandImgone
Ottawa Divorce Forum - Moderator.
Old 10-19-2014, 07:07 PM
Banned

Ah, the *politics* of the board's power. If a moderator disagrees with you to help another poster (potentially), then that thread will be cut off? WOW! Ridiculous to me. Let's us all get every poster to spend thousands of dollars in court instead. That's productive and painless!

Last edited by MommyTime; 10-19-2014 at 07:10 PM.
Old 10-19-2014, 07:12 PM
Banned

blinkamore, this is slanderous. Kindly stop your nonsense.
Old 10-19-2014, 07:14 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

where is the slander????
Closed Thread