Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2011, 04:55 PM

HammerDad will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by billm View Post
Income is income - to say 'well its not on line 150, so I don't have to change CS', is hiding behind a false technicality at best, immoral at its worst...
If my ex won the lottery, as much as it would tick me off, I would have to accept the fact that I am still obligated to pay my portion to help raise my daughter, even if it is nominal compared to my ex's.

And I don't think anyone here is talking about hiding income. I know one of the first things I would do is notify my ex to arrange that I increase my CS to a reasonable interest rate for the 1st year and then via line 150 moving forward.

As for my daughter, I would establish a trust fund to ensure she is provided for come university (we already do an RESP, but this would be substantially larger) and to provide a large sum of money for extra-ordinary expenses (private school or whatever) and to ensure she is set for life when she is older.

I am not "hiding" any money from my ex that she would otherwise be entitled to.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:22 AM

Nadia is on a distinguished road

I know this an older thread, but I came across the following which relates to the discussion above.

Lottery win means more child support for Saskatchewan family - Saskatchewan - CBC News
Old 09-29-2012, 01:49 PM
Banned

danzuchy is on a distinguished road

I am fairly certain that lottery winning, insurance claims and inheritance can't be touched by ex spouses.
Old 09-30-2012, 03:11 AM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Did anybody win?

If I win I'll set up a weekend getaway for everyone on the forum. I'll pay for all the hotel/food entertainment/ - you just have to get there. Oh yeah, we would have to check with slughead and see how many bedrooms his place has.... details, just details.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:21 AM

hemademesingle is on a distinguished road

If I won, I would let the future x know that he is no longer obligated to pay his partial child support payments(I can't wait for this fro to kick in), for his children and he could flock off, never contact me again.

As for the kids and I and my mom, we would live nicely, I would have a lifetime trust set up for my handicapped nephew, so all his needs are met. I would also set up a few lifetime trust for a couple of charities that are near and dear.

If he won, I would want him to pay in lump sum all the back support owed, the future support, and then he could flock off, never to contact me again

Oh to dream
Closed Thread