Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2014, 06:49 PM

lobsterpot is on a distinguished road
Default listed

Isn't everyones divorce listed on line ? I can't remember what the site is called. Also doesn't the information go by province?
Old 06-14-2014, 07:00 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobsterpot View Post
Isn't everyones divorce listed on line ? I can't remember what the site is called. Also doesn't the information go by province?
I don't think that everyones is listed on line. Just certain ones that make it the site I think you mean, canlii
CanLII
Old 06-16-2014, 07:44 PM

lobsterpot is on a distinguished road

well then how come I can go on the courts of nova scotia website and read other decisions that where made, but not mine . I went to court, did it myself. I finally got a certificate of divorce after some arguing at the court house. I got to pay ss and got the info from maintence. I want a copy of what the judge went on about.his decision. I was married for 12years and I only got to pay for 4 years. the judge said she could be retrained for work . he didn't like her. thank god I didn't have any child with her. court was very draining ,I will never marry again.
Old 06-16-2014, 07:58 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobsterpot View Post
well then how come I can go on the courts of nova scotia website and read other decisions that where made, but not mine . I went to court, did it myself. I finally got a certificate of divorce after some arguing at the court house. I got to pay ss and got the info from maintence. I want a copy of what the judge went on about.his decision. I was married for 12years and I only got to pay for 4 years. the judge said she could be retrained for work . he didn't like her. thank god I didn't have any child with her. court was very draining ,I will never marry again.
Because not all decisions get published on the canlii website. I am not sure what their criteria is for having it posted.
Old 06-16-2014, 08:46 PM

FB_ will become famous soon enough

You should be able to go the court that had your case and request your file. If you still have the case number that should make things easier.
Old 06-17-2014, 11:02 AM
Hand of Justice

Links17 is on a distinguished road

Probably one of the other conspiracies of the legal system is what cases make it to become "jurisprudence"

Identifying the decisions that matter - CanLII

Only judgements of the APPEAL court are ALWAYS posted and even then what I've learnt is that the posted judgement only gives you part of the story.