Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2013, 01:19 AM

dad2bandm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wretchedotis View Post

Exactly. A plan. Getting her to even speak to me is pulling teeth, however. I swear 4 out of 5 emails just go completely ignored.
This is where you really need something like OurFamilyWizard. At least it can show when another parent has read a communication. And if the other parent is ignoring child focused communications and there is a pattern, you would be able to show that and the other parent would have to explain why that is in the child's interests. Obviously, keep the emails focused on the child.

If you can't afford OurFamilyWizard, try using ReadNotify.com in the interim. Not as ideal...but at least it provides a record in the same manner.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:29 AM

Rioe will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I made an executive decision to not drive the boy an hour and half back to my place, and making her come get him. I mean really, what are my options if the 3rd party forgot and has gone shopping or whatever?
If the person who is supposed to get the child is unexectedly unavailable, the parent with the child should keep him until alternate arrangements can be made, no matter how inconvenient. I think you did the right thing. Your ex is probably just angry about the third party (is this a neutral person or someone from 'your' side?) letting her down and taking it out on you. The way you phrase 'making her' is telling however. Did you just dictate that she had to do it, or was there discussion about how to best get the child to her and mutual agreement on her doing the fetching?

Quote:
This is part of the problem. Training is temporary, and then I will be put on rotating shifts (2 week periods of days then nights then afternoons.)
At this point I have no idea which shift I will be put on - so it is difficult to look forward and pass on solid information.
Yuck! Those work hours just suck for trying to keep a regular schedule for access! Even with a cooperative co-parent! I hope your weekends will be consistent, whatever days they land on.

And while I'm sure you're thrilled with employment, I hope the pay is a significant improvement, because I bet you're going to have to sell the ex on cooperating with you to accommodate the work hours with the expectation of higher CS.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:04 PM

wretchedotis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rioe View Post
The way you phrase 'making her' is telling however. Did you just dictate that she had to do it, or was there discussion about how to best get the child to her and mutual agreement on her doing the fetching?
I say "making her" because I would have been very unreceptive to driving 6 hours in one night. In fact I would have refused. Her options would have been to come get him herself, or not. Is that really 'telling' of me?

We didn't speak on the matter whatsoever that evening, I just went ahead with what I figured she would prefer (dropping him off right then and there vs. returning home with him).

I woulda thunk she would have been happy with that decision, rather than calling the cops over it. But w/e. Carzy is as crazy does.

The 3rd party is a member of her new husbands (and therefore hers) family.

Last edited by wretchedotis; 02-20-2013 at 01:31 PM.
Closed Thread