Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2011, 10:06 PM

mom2three is on a distinguished road
Default Kinda funny really......

Wow, I don't get to post often anymore cause like can be so darn busy. But, just had to post this cause I am baffled to the core.

My ex will have the children for Xmas this year and he was proud to tell me what SANTA will be bringing my 8 year old son .....................

AN ICE AUGER!!!!

OK, I wanted to cry at first but then remembered he is well aware who "Santa" is and he will be getting what he asked for when he comes home. But really??? Nice to know you buy your kids something you want. Sheesh.

Everyone have yourselves a blessed Christmas. Hug your kids tight, take each day one at a time. And always remember to love yourselves first - your worth it!
Old 12-25-2011, 12:10 AM

May_May is on a distinguished road

My ex proudly told me he bought my boys cross bows from Santa for under the tree. Idiot...
Old 12-25-2011, 09:11 AM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

just because one does not agree with what the ex has gotten, doesnt mean one should complain. Who knows what the kids asked their fathers for? Be thankful they got them something and if the kid comes home and actually loved the present be happy for them.
Old 12-25-2011, 04:58 PM

May_May is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
just because one does not agree with what the ex has gotten, doesnt mean one should complain. Who knows what the kids asked their fathers for? Be thankful they got them something and if the kid comes home and actually loved the present be happy for them.
Standing-Do you have any comments you make that aren't condescending and argumentative ? I will not speak for mom but as for myself...it is NOT appropriate for a 6 and 13 year old to have hunting crossbows where the guardian /parent does not have a safe for proper/safe storage (similiar to one required for handguns). These are not toys...they are hunting weapons. One child who accidentally walks in front of one by mistake is dead. He is going to let them use them in the house with a makeshift 'stop' in the basement. This is completely unsafe and stupid. There are clubs that will store the weapons and where proper safety is monitored by a 'Guide' however dad has decided the kids are responsible enough.

Sorry...but of course I should be thankful you as you recommend.
Old 02-05-2012, 02:50 AM

Styled is on a distinguished road

Well, they aren't the most appropriate gifts (lol) but at least they got something. My children are still waiting for their gifts from their dad even after calling constantly. The excuse -- he hasn't wrapped them yet. We live in the same small town about 3 minutes from one another. Shouldn't be surprised though, he hasn't seen them since November 13th because he's been "too busy".

Chances are he doesn't even have anything for them. Although he did manage to buy himself a nice little $500 pug puppy! Priorities...
Old 02-05-2012, 12:32 PM

billm is on a distinguished road

Hmmm, sounds like some are too busy getting in their ex's business.

Stop policing your ex and their relationship with their kids. It's not your job.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:14 PM

billiechic is on a distinguished road

we need a "like" button!
Old 02-05-2012, 04:33 PM

Berner_Faith will become famous soon enough

Agreed Billie!
Old 02-05-2012, 08:27 PM

Styled is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by billm View Post
Hmmm, sounds like some are too busy getting in their ex's business.

Stop policing your ex and their relationship with their kids. It's not your job.
I sure hope you are not talking to me because calling it policing the ex and the "relationship" with his kids is laughable at best. Wanting their father to have a relationship with them would not be considered "policing", it would be considered looking out for the best interest of our children. Shame on me for wanting the kids to have their father in their lives and wanting him to give a crap about them. Shame on me.
Old 02-05-2012, 08:38 PM

billiechic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styled View Post
I sure hope you are not talking to me because calling it policing the ex and the "relationship" with his kids is laughable at best. Wanting their father to have a relationship with them would not be considered "policing", it would be considered looking out for the best interest of our children. Shame on me for wanting the kids to have their father in their lives and wanting him to give a crap about them. Shame on me.
Not sure if that was intended for you, but it sure got your back up pretty quickly! I think Bill's point is right on though...its not about the gifts!

You would have been better off not mentioning the pug and leaving your main complaint as :he hasnt seen his kids for Christmas YET.
Closed Thread