Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2014, 04:11 PM

Janibel will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother View Post
Oh guys, tayken wont aprove you. He will tell you - you are all wrong and will post 10 different links with the stories about bad fathers. How dare are you to show a WOMAN in a bad light!?Dont you ever do it again. Ever!!! Women are all good, nice, peachy and fuzzy. Men are all bad, bad, bad.
This is ridiculous, there are good and bad parents regardless of gender. My father was a gentleman, honest, hard working and kind ... my mother ? bah.... she drove us all crazy.

Perhaps the reason bad fathers are more prevalent in the media is because women will call them out on their behavior. Many men who are mistreated, abused or swindled simply chose to not talk about it publicly - this could be a 'man' thing ... pride or shame, they keep it inside.

Nowadays more men are fighting for fairness and this will help change the 'perception' that society has - which is flawed. Hopefully family laws will reflect that. It will take time .... but making this kind of sweeping 'once-size-fits-all statement won't help things at all.
Old 12-17-2014, 07:11 PM
Hand of Justice

Links17 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janibel View Post
This is ridiculous, there are good and bad parents regardless of gender. My father was a gentleman, honest, hard working and kind ... my mother ? bah.... she drove us all crazy.

Perhaps the reason bad fathers are more prevalent in the media is because women will call them out on their behavior. Many men who are mistreated, abused or swindled simply chose to not talk about it publicly - this could be a 'man' thing ... pride or shame, they keep it inside.

Nowadays more men are fighting for fairness and this will help change the 'perception' that society has - which is flawed. Hopefully family laws will reflect that. It will take time .... but making this kind of sweeping 'once-size-fits-all statement won't help things at all.
I think its because we don't benefit by calling out women for being crazy - we get screwed either way..... Woman on the other hand cash in via the abuses of men. Why complain when you'll get screwed.
Old 12-17-2014, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Links17 View Post
I think its because we don't benefit by calling out women for being crazy - we get screwed either way..... Woman on the other hand cash in via the abuses of men. Why complain when you'll get screwed.
Speaking from my own experience, I have NOT benefited from having been involved with an abusive man - quite the contrary. It has cost me a lot more than I care to write about here. Suffice to say that your perception of women and how the courts 'protect' them is way off. Your not the only person in this site that feels that the system has let then down ....
Old 12-17-2014, 09:31 PM

Mother is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Janibel, it was me being carcastic and tayken knows exactly why and what i was trying to tell him. No worries. I agree with all you wrote about men. I know so many exceptional fathers. Its too bad that the situation in family courts in canada is the way it is. I hope the fathers rights will be recognized and corrected from what it is now over time (hopefully short time). I hope the custody will be 50/50 by default at the split (minus abuse etc). We are all equal and must be treated as such.
Old 12-17-2014, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Janibel, it was me being carcastic and tayken knows exactly why and what i was trying to tell him. No worries. I agree with all you wrote about men. I know so many exceptional fathers. Its too bad that the situation in family courts in canada is the way it is. I hope the fathers rights will be recognized and corrected from what it is now over time (hopefully short time). I hope the custody will be 50/50 by default at the split (minus abuse etc). We are all equal and must be treated as such.
Ah, English is not my first language, so sarcasm is lost on me lol! This time I could not agree with you more. The system needs a good overhawl and custody MUST be 50/50 for the child's best interest. How can a kidlet thrive and be happy without both parts of his/her parentage?
Old 12-17-2014, 09:58 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I am looking for Tayken's comments (which you refer to) on this thread. Perhaps you are referring to another thread?
Old 12-18-2014, 12:31 AM

Mother is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Ah, English is not my first language, so sarcasm is lost on me lol! This time I could not agree with you more. The system needs a good overhawl and custody MUST be 50/50 for the child's best interest. How can a kidlet thrive and be happy without both parts of his/her parentage?
Not mine either. Its not your fault. Its between me and tayken from another thread and from a while ago. To be crystal clear: I recognize his knowledge and his help here. Its amazing. I apreciate it muchly. I just dont like drama queens and people making wrong assumptions and treating those assumptions as final truth. Also i dont like vindictive people that would sit and wait for a chance to jump at any opportunity to bite someone they dont like.
Old 12-18-2014, 12:44 AM

dad2bandm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Not mine either. Its not your fault. Its between me and tayken from another thread and from a while ago...
So, doesn't belong in the thread here, which I started. Thanks.
Old 12-18-2014, 12:57 AM

dad2bandm is on a distinguished road

I have since tried looking up more background on this story, to see what came of the protection order, but can't find anything reliable. Was it legit?

Found one blurb about it, where apparently the Dad spoke to website, and said he moved out well before protection order was sought, but the website seemed like some shady men's rights site, so seemed suspect.

Was curious how far back fabrications went.
Old 12-19-2014, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Not mine either. Its not your fault. Its between me and tayken from another thread and from a while ago. To be crystal clear: I recognize his knowledge and his help here. Its amazing. I apreciate it muchly. I just dont like drama queens and people making wrong assumptions and treating those assumptions as final truth. Also i dont like vindictive people that would sit and wait for a chance to jump at any opportunity to bite someone they dont like.
OK, I finally found the post that you were referring to - it takes me a while but I figure things out eventually lol. I have to agree with you, Taken's legal advice is a boon to this forum though he had no need to post recurring stories of EVIL mother's, as your thread was not meant as gender-bashing no more than this thread is.

These cases are egregious and and all of us here can agree that hateful sick-in-the-head parents come in all races, genders and economic backgrounds.

The thing we have to ask ourselves is, if there really is a gender/bias in family courts, what can be done about it? .... Judges are only human, lawyers mostly care about their legal fees and some ppl are damn talented at lying and playing the system (LF32's ex for example). Our kids pay the price obviously.

I think the solution is SERIOUS legal consequences, because why not lie and make false accusations ... no big deal if a person gets caught? That's the problem, no accountability.