Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2016, 01:41 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeacefulMoments View Post
Both my parents were in my lives and were married until my Dad's passing. This thread has made me reflect a little on that, and while there were some issues with my Dad that were way past the point of even being called bad parenting, there were also many positive experiences and life lessons I learned.

On such lesson is that people are not all bad nor all good. They are fallible and make mistakes and even purposefully do bad things sometimes. I also learned(mostly after I became a parent) that just because he was my dad gave me no right to expect him to be perfect, he is human too.

I will probably always struggle with the bad experiences, but try to remember the positive too. I still always loved him despite some rocky times.

Anyway, this thread just got me to reflecting. Seems to happen easily these days.

Funny you should say this. My partner and his father had issues as he was growing up. His ex would focus on the issues he had and say the problems they had in their marriage were because of his childhood. He now agrees that its more that his dad struggled as a parent and made mistakes. He looks back now as a parent and sees it that way. People dont realize how hard it is to be a parent until they are one.