Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2014, 10:05 AM

Straittohell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default "I haven't read all the way throught the thread, but here's what I think"

Can we all agree that this is simply an asanine thing to say and/or do?

Honestly, if you haven't read through the entire thread, it means you don't have all of the facts at hand. Reading a few posts and attempting to Sherlock Holmes the situation does a great disservice to:

1) The original poster, who is trying to get everyone's informed opinion on the matter.

2) All of the other posters who DO actually gave enough of a damn, read through everything that had been discussed up until the point that they added their own feedback.

If the thread is insanely long, and your time is too precious to read it, by all means, don't feel obligated, but please have the courtesy to abstain from posting advice or comments that display a breathtaking ignorance on the full history behind the thread.
Old 08-27-2014, 12:28 PM

LovingFather32 is an unknown quantity at this point

You have no idea just how MUCH I agree with this.
Old 08-27-2014, 12:29 PM

Pretty sure that I do.
Old 08-27-2014, 01:03 PM
Hand of Justice

Links17 is on a distinguished road

I don't agree, sometimes you want to point a specific point and its better to share teh tidbit than not
Old 08-27-2014, 01:08 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Isn't it considered to be "trolling" if one doesn't read full thread but tags on to end and then goes on to another thread and does the same thing?
Old 08-27-2014, 01:16 PM

Links17, a lot of specific points have a history behind them. I've been seeing a lot of advice issued on a point that would normally be excellent, but is completely useless given the context.
Old 08-27-2014, 01:18 PM

LovingFather32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Links17 View Post
I don't agree, sometimes you want to point a specific point and its better to share teh tidbit than not
But what if that specific point is interrealted to an array of other points earlier in the thread that would make that tidbit make no sense?

Part of the reason my threads are so long is because I spend half the time re-explaining the story/situation.
Old 08-27-2014, 01:23 PM

blinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura about

Meh, if the person replying reads the OP's posts and replies to those, skipping the other poster's posts, I don't think it matters so much. Especially if they are replying to one or two specific remarks.
Old 08-27-2014, 01:30 PM
Banned

Once.is.enough is on a distinguished road

So what your saing is if you want to make point make sure your point is a point that hasn't been pointed before? I think my point may have been pointed to previously in someone else's point. I'm so confused by this pointed discussion.

Please pass the popcorn....
Old 08-27-2014, 01:49 PM

Points about points detailing previous points aside, I'm more focused on the lunacy of original posters having to remind people of facts about a situation that they have already provided 17 million times.

Waltzing into a giant thread and issuing advice that is completely ignorant of core facts should not be forgiven just by tacking a "I haven't actually read most of what I'm commenting on" statement at the end.