Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2015, 10:25 AM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Iceberg View Post
Thanks guys. Nice ideas. Arabian, I can't stay in a camp..(social phobia?)

He wants 1. D.Land 2. Meeting a WWE superstar and 3, Overseas.

Maybe I should wait and take him Disney Land.

I agree with you stripes that it should be an experience instead of materialistic gift.
Social Phobia? Fear of crowds (cross off Disneyland and attending NHL hockey for sure ). Fear of flying? Plan a road trip. Regarding camps, your kid should enjoy the total camp experience. Often times you stay in fairly luxurious surroundings. Parents can chill in the hot tub while kids are off zip-lining. There are MANY options in the way of camps in Alberta and B.C. If you are more adventuresome check out the many camps in the Rockies where you travel on horseback during the day, staying at very nice lodge accommodations at night. Definitely an experience of a lifetime.

(If you can overcome your fear of flying you could check out some father-son fly in fishing resorts.)

Alaska Cruises are supposedly very good with whale watching etc. Lots of activities for kids if you pick the right cruise line. You can drive from Edmonton through mountains to Vancouver and ship departs from there.
Old 11-13-2015, 11:56 AM

Rioe will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Iceberg View Post
If you only read the first sentence of my original post....there is a word "free"!!!
Oops, yes, I didn't see that. Yesterday obviously had insufficient coffee consumption.

Hmm, if it's through a foundation that can arrange something beyond what money can buy, how about something like being an extra in his favourite TV show, or appear in his favourite artist's next music video?

Is he into collectible Pokemon cards or something similar? Maybe he could design a card for the next set.

Sports? He could throw a first pitch, do the coin toss, or whatever is sport-appropriate during a game, or get to hang with a team for a practice.

If he's got a travel bug, maybe a cross-Canada train trip with you? No flying involved, and lots of fabulous sights to see.
Old 11-13-2015, 07:38 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Yes a cross-Canada train trip would be fabulous wouldn't it? Stop in different cities for a day or two. There is a train that runs on Vancouver Island that is supposed to be pretty cool. I think also of the dinosaur area in southern Alberta. Of course central and eastern Canada would be spectacular.

When I travel to Jasper or Banff and speak with tourists who come from all over the world it makes one wonder why more Canadians don't simply stay at home and discover their own country.

Great ideas Rioe!
Old 11-13-2015, 09:54 PM
Hand of Justice

Links17 is on a distinguished road

Kids Activities & Entertainment | Atlantis, Bahamas

and stop by florida OR take a cruise that includes a few days at disneyworld in florida and the cruise to atlantis in the bahamas.