Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2017, 08:08 PM

kate331 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian View Post
Best thing is to live well and contribute to forums such as this to warn others not to be naive (like we were) and to always weigh costs against gains and ascertain if proceeding is worth it in the end. People have to self-educate themselves as much as possible and forever be watchful of lawyers who tell them what they want to hear instead of truth of costs and time it will take for outcome. Perhaps more has to be written on this forum about how to negotiate get out-of-court settlements?
This really hit me, I am so naive and after reading here for weeks, my eyes are wider. I thought weeks ago it would be so simple, but now I think I have opened Pandora's Box.
Old 10-30-2017, 09:31 PM
Banned

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Well, I know what my lawyer says. The system is biased. You have to know that and keep in back of your head. They are more likely to take women's side and rule in their favour. So you have to have very good compelling reasons as to why they should be on your side.

He has gotten into shouting matches with judges when he is being right and the judges are just being biased. He has challened these judges at appeals courts and got their orders tossed out. I have seen them on canlii so I know he isn't making them up. They respect him . He knows our laws very well and will stand by them like a good lawyer is supposed to. Doesn't care if the judge will like him or not. At the end of the day, judges are there to make decisions based on our laws, not opinions.

Basically, his view is that you must get into the judges face when they get into yours. And I have done that. Puts the judges in place. Judges have rights. But so do we. Everyone has the same rights when you think about it. Nobody can walk over anybody elses rights.

Just be firm and confident, and trust that our laws will prevail. I haven't been to that point where a judges has screwed me over, so won't know what that is like. But I take it that I would just take the judge off the bench and ask for a new judge, and report them to the judical counsel. You do have a right to file a complain, and document the judges conduct. The more complains about a judge, the less corrupt the judge, and ultimately our courts will be.
Old 10-31-2017, 01:52 AM

Stillbreathing is on a distinguished road

The trouble is all the useless bs Case Conferences and trial management conferences they force you to go through. Settlement is NOT the purpose of these asinine exercises in stupidity. Their purpose is to line the lawyers pockets, keep the judges employed and stroke the judgeís overinflated egos so they believe their own lie that they are doing something good. I donít know how family court judges can sleep at night. They have maybe 10 minutes to skim over your affidavits and then flip a coin to guess and arbitrarily pick a decision out of a hat. The case conference judges donít make their decisions based on evidence or facts. Thatís only if you get lucky enough to go to trial.

Could you imagine if you went to the emergency department and the ER doc started shouting orders left and right without really knowing what was wrong or not even reading your chart. If he based his decision to get you into the OR immediately based on the last time you visited ER, not for what brought you in this time? You wake up in the recovery room and find heís amputated your right leg. Turns out your ex was the one with the infection, not you but they amputated your leg! This is exactly what happens in family court in case conferences and trial management conferences! The judges do not make decisions based on evidence. Cross their fingers and hope they get it right. With devastating consequences for the innocent parties ( which always includes the children). Best interests of the children as it pertains to family court is code for letís play Russian roulette with these innocent lives.

How does one forgive the willful damage done to the children by the family court system? How do you reframe your childís pain? How do you respond when your child asks why the judge hates them and is wrecking their lives? How do you forgive the family court system and move on?
Old 10-31-2017, 08:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillbreathing View Post
How does one forgive the willful damage done to the children by the family court system? How do you reframe your childís pain? How do you respond when your child asks why the judge hates them and is wrecking their lives? How do you forgive the family court system and move on?
And that's just the sad reality of the Canadian family court system, or rather, Canadian family court judges. It's an adversarial system. There is a winner and there is a loser. Unfortunately, it's not the parents that win/lose, it's the lawyers that win, and the parents and children who lose.

I know for a fact my child will never develop into healthy relationships in the future and do well. How can she when the parents are put at war with one another ?

Last edited by trinton; 10-31-2017 at 08:52 PM.
Old 10-31-2017, 11:27 PM

mcdreamy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinton View Post
I know for a fact my child will never develop into healthy relationships in the future and do well.
I'm going to finally agree with you on a point.
Old 11-03-2017, 12:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdreamy View Post
I'm going to finally agree with you on a point.

Last edited by trinton; 11-03-2017 at 12:27 PM.