Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2016, 08:10 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough
Default Happy New Year everyone! Any Resolutions?

Yeah it's that time of year again..... I'm posting this so that you can hold me accountable in 12 months:

I hope to eat better, exercise (don't do anything at all right now so that resolution should not be too hard).

I resolve to cut down or quit smoking (this is the first time in my life I have ever considered this... seriously).

I resolve to get a better grip on my finances and try to 'pay myself first.'

I will continue to not rack up debt and live within my means.

I will be less of a doormat with regards to my adult son. I will cut the purse-strings in 2017. This will be a big one.

So what sort of things do you resolve to tackle in 2017?
Old 12-31-2016, 08:22 PM

m-chan68 is on a distinguished road

Appropriately enough, to successfully vary my original separation agreement that will spell out very clear terminating events, if not outright terminate child support for my son who is turning 20 this July, and still hasn't completed his high school diploma.
Old 01-01-2017, 10:38 AM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

I dont really make resolutions because I never stick to them but I am going to try to cut back on technology and read more.

My partner has resolved to let the shit with his kids go and focus on his emotional and physical well being. Shocker of shockers he said he wants to talk to someone about learning to stop focusing on negative behaviour!
Old 01-01-2017, 02:31 PM

blinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura about

My only resolution is to shop more. I have a tendency to put it off until i have tonnes to do all at once. So this year, I'll try to do less more often
Old 01-02-2017, 04:06 PM

PeacefulMoments is on a distinguished road

Happy New Year everyone!

This has been a tumultuous year for me, losing my house, my husband and finding out I will lose my job next year. Thankfully things between my D and her ex while rocky, haven't reached any super boiling points this year so at least there hasn't been too much drama there, and my grandchildren are amazing and a blessing to me.

My resolution after years of looking after everyone else but myself, is to try to look after myself this year. No super concrete goals like a particular amount of weight loss or a particular amount of savings each month, just a general resolution to take better care of myself mentally, physically and financially.
Old 01-02-2017, 05:07 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Plan for the coming zombie apocalypse.
Old 01-02-2017, 09:10 PM

mcdreamy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayken View Post
Plan for the coming zombie apocalypse.
Alex, I'll take "What is the difference between a 12-min mile and a 10-min mile?"
Old 01-03-2017, 07:01 PM

PeacefulMoments is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdreamy View Post
Alex, I'll take "What is the difference between a 12-min mile and a 10-min mile?"
You don't have to run faster than the zombies, just faster than whoever you are with.
Old 01-04-2017, 12:34 AM
Hand of Justice

Links17 is on a distinguished road

-Get child support to 0
-Sue a lawyer
-Remove a judge
Old 01-05-2017, 08:39 PM

mcdreamy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeacefulMoments View Post
You don't have to run faster than the zombies, just faster than whoever you are with.
Dam straight, I'm counting on most of the population managing 12min at best.