Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums (http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/)
-   General Chat (http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f7/)
-   -   Happy Mother's Day! (http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f7/happy-mothers-day-21028/)

trinton 05-13-2017 09:20 PM

Happy Mother's Day!

Despite my former spouse recently denying me access on my scheduled weekend (Easter) sending me a text message that she asked our 7 year old daughter who she wanted to spend Easter weekend with (burdening a 7 year old child to pick sides) and refusing to allow me a make-up weekend , I reached out to her and offered to give her the mother’s day weekend (in full) even though it was my regular weekend. I was initially going to be offering her the Sunday only (especially in lite of her very recent unilateral decision to reduce the status quo in face of an order appointing the OCL) but figured it would make more sense to give her the entire weekend. I simply told our daughter I would not be with her this coming weekend - that it was mother's day weekend and that I wanted her to enjoy it with mom - that I would see her on the following Wednesday.

There has been years where I did not get to see our daughter on father’s day (or receive any phone call ) but no matter what happens and what goes on between us dads and mothers, at the end of the day, the children love both of us.

Happy mother’s day to all of the mom’s out there.

http://mothersdayvideocards.com/wp-c...others-Day.jpg

LovingFather32 05-13-2017 11:05 PM

Kudos to you Trinton for initiating a thread appreciating mothers. Wonder if certain posters will stop by to show appreciation for your post. I bet not. lol

I spent the day making sure I had everything perfect for mothers day.

I dont know where i would be without my mother.

I spent quite a bit and just finished mopping, sweeping, yard maintenance, dishes, vacuuming, etc so that my g/f can wake up to a beautiful and relaxing day. My g/f and my mom are the glue to the family and I appreciate EVERYTHING they do.

I also wanted to mention .. I went out and got a heart chain with an "I love you mom" slogan for D5 to give to my ex. I also had D5 make a gorgeous card and she placed the locket in it. You heard it right...for my ex. I think this is extremely important to bury the hatchet and show that you're mature and care about your child enough to do this. I know D5 appreciates that I did this also.

Happy Mother's Day mom's .... Thank you for being awesome every day!!

Soiled 05-14-2017 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LovingFather32 (Post 220610)
Kudos to you Trinton for initiating a thread appreciating mothers. Wonder if certain posters will stop by to show appreciation for your post. I bet not. lol

I spent the day making sure I had everything perfect for mothers day.

I dont know where i would be without my mother.

I spent quite a bit and just finished mopping, sweeping, yard maintenance, dishes, vacuuming, etc so that my g/f can wake up to a beautiful and relaxing day. My g/f and my mom are the glue to the family and I appreciate EVERYTHING they do.

I also wanted to mention .. I went out and got a heart chain with an "I love you mom" slogan for D5 to give to my ex. I also had D5 make a gorgeous card and she placed the locket in it. You heard it right...for my ex. I think this is extremely important to bury the hatchet and show that you're mature and care about your child enough to do this. I know D5 appreciates that I did this also.

Happy Mother's Day mom's .... Thank you for being awesome every day!!

:rolleyes:

LovingFather32 05-14-2017 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soiled (Post 220611)
:rolleyes:

You came here to roll your eyes? Let me guess. You don't believe I did any of that? WOW! You're more messed up than I thought.

piggybanktoex 05-14-2017 09:16 AM

More likely he believes that you did.

SadAndTired 05-14-2017 11:15 AM

I think the problem is that this isn't an altruistic post. Trinton bashes his ex and LF brags about his own actions. HE spent a lot of money. HE cleaned the house. HE made the day perfect. HE bought a present for the ex. Yes , LF it is all about how awesome you are for Mother's Day. Yes Trinton, your ex is awful.

Couldn't either of you simply said Happy Mother's Day to the moms on the forum without the bragging or the bitching? You are proving Soiled's point about the whining. Just say HMD without all the baggage. We are not your ex and your issues are showing

motherbear4 05-14-2017 11:47 AM

A typically quiet member here, but I just have to say that this has missed the mark. There is no sincerity and is not about wishing us mother's having a Happy​ day. This is about how awesome you two are for being better than your ex's. Trinton & LF32, I cannot even begin to understand and know what you have been through. It's horrifying. But the time has come to stop projecting your feelings regarding one particular female on to the rest of us.

This is a rather offensive Mother's Day greeting.

trinton 05-14-2017 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SadAndTired (Post 220617)
I think the problem is that this isn't an altruistic post. Trinton bashes his ex and LF brags about his own actions. HE spent a lot of money. HE cleaned the house. HE made the day perfect. HE bought a present for the ex. Yes , LF it is all about how awesome you are for Mother's Day. Yes Trinton, your ex is awful.

Couldn't either of you simply said Happy Mother's Day to the moms on the forum without the bragging or the bitching? You are proving Soiled's point about the whining. Just say HMD without all the baggage. We are not your ex and your issues are showing

I'll just not respond to that 'cuz it's mothers day. Happy Mother's day :)

Soiled 05-14-2017 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trinton (Post 220621)
Happy Mother's day :)

That's all you ever needed to say. Less is more.

Enjoy the day.

Beachnana 05-14-2017 12:03 PM

I would like to think Trinton and LF had good intentions with their Mothers Day effort but If I was their ex I would roll my eyes as well. Honestly it seems you are saying we are " perfect" so we graciously salute Mom ( she needs all the help she can get)

But if you were so perfect why did your ex's leave you. No one is that perfect and it takes 2 to create the environment where a relationship will breakup

Too much effort to celebrate ex's Mothers Day is just a little freaky and presumtuious on your part. Did she really need you to do all that so she could feel good about being a Mom

I think not; but I bet it made you feel good about yourselves!