Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2016, 07:40 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough
Default Happy Easter

Hopefully most of us had a good holiday. Im sure many have not. My partner has been down all weekend because once again another holiday and another opportunity for his kids to ignore him. He has called and texted them both to say happy easter and got nothing. These kids amaze me because they constantly pull the "you dont care about us" or "you care more about rockscan" meanwhile he would give his right arm for them to just respond with "you too" to his texts and they cant even be bothered. Breaks my heart to say "your kids are wrapped up in themselves honey, hopefully as they mature that will change".
Old 03-27-2016, 08:53 PM

Janibel will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
he would give his right arm for them to just respond with "you too" to his texts and they cant even be bothered. Breaks my heart to say "your kids are wrapped up in themselves honey, hopefully as they mature that will change".
I wonder how much of this bad behavior is taught by the ex wife? By the sounds of it she has done of fine job of alienating his children against him. If she truly cared about her kids, she would not let them be fatherless for the sake of spite (or money, whichever the case may be) - her job as a parent is to encourage her children to have empathy for others (yes, even DAD deserves some consideration).

Happy Easter to you too! My son and I had a lovely meal with all the trimmings and spent the day making new traditions.
Old 03-27-2016, 09:37 PM

His oldest called him and I could hear them talking. He was asking about the younger one and there was a lot of talk about the divorce. Clearly his ex's campaign about the divorce and who is at fault is still strong in their minds. I heard a lot of "not thats not true" and "no thats not what happened" and of course "no youre being lied to and all I ask is a little fairness toward me". Kid also admitted that she thinks its ok that the younger one ignores my partners parents because "they took his side". Uh, her parents took her side, why does that mean one set of grandparents are more important? This whole situation is stupid. We had a good weekend though. We're doing some house renos and we knocked a big project off the list.

Funnier still is that Im going through some family stuff with my parents and siblings and he sits here all "I dont agree with how youre handling it but your family is messed up so Ill shut my mouth."
Old 03-27-2016, 09:43 PM

SadAndTired is on a distinguished road

Divorce stinks. So sorry Rockscan.
Old 03-27-2016, 10:36 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Sorry you have to listen to the crap and on Easter! IMO your ex's divorce was between him and his ex. He should not have to defend himself to his children. He should not be entertaining this discussion a) with you present (and in your home)which shows a great deal of lack of respect to you; b) with a child of the marriage who is likely too young to comprehend anything and c) over the telephone.

Reason for the divorce should remain between him and his ex and no one else.
Old 03-27-2016, 11:49 PM

The problem with that Arabian is that his ex hasnt left it between them. She chose to tell the kids he didnt want to be in their lives anymore thats why theyre divorced.

He talks to them in another room. I was working upstairs and heard snippets as I was walking around. It just makes me sad that they cant just be father and kids. He has to defend himself all the time.
Old 03-28-2016, 12:38 AM

arabian will become famous soon enough

That's an awful situation. However, these are not toddlers. Hopefully your ex is aware that they are likely playing the guilt card. You might have to remind him from time to time of this....
Old 03-28-2016, 02:05 AM
Hand of Justice

Links17 is on a distinguished road

How long before your SO got divorced did you know him?
Old 03-28-2016, 09:56 AM

Default Happy Easter

Two years separated one year divorced. When we moved in together it had been two years for us and three years since the divorce. Plus life was pretty ugly before he was taken out of the house. He had been sleeping in a separate room for several years before that.

His kids know the marriage sucked and that the divorce was good to stop the fighting. BUT they think the fighting was all his doing and he could have gone to therapy to fix it because mom is so perfect and wonderful. The ex has convinced them he was the problem, not her. Kid has said a couple of things to me in the vein of him lying to me, him abusing me or me being brainwashed and the real guy will come out soon and ruin me. Ive set her straight each time.

Last edited by rockscan; 03-28-2016 at 09:59 AM.
Old 03-28-2016, 12:13 PM
Hand of Justice

Links17 is on a distinguished road

This isn't a case where the mom is say you are a home wrecker?