Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2015, 11:37 AM

dad2bandm is on a distinguished road
Default GTA father loses custody of boys after refusing to stop trying to cure their autism

From the National Post:
Father loses custody of boys after refusing to stop trying to cure their autism through homeopathy | National Post

Quote:
Justice Roselyn Zisman was particularly critical of the father’s refusal to see his children during the summer, and his threat to institutionalize the children unless his $500-a-month child-support payments were lowered.
“If you cannot handle the children I suggest foster care, institutionalizing them, or cover my child expenses so I can take them,” wrote the man in a July text to his ex-wife.
Old 11-27-2015, 11:43 AM

I'm guessing his child support must be higher now, too?
When they mentioned his $500-a-month child-support payments, I thought that sounded quite low, for someone employed as a computer programmer, for 2 children? He's 48, so I'm guessing he's not just new, to the computer programmer field.
Old 11-27-2015, 11:49 AM

Not hard to find this on CanLii.

CanLII - 2015 ONCJ 659 (CanLII)

His support did go up, though, part of the reason for the lower amount, is "reduced" work hours at his employment, and also at the time, he met 40% threshold for shared custody/support.

Last edited by dad2bandm; 11-27-2015 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Added reason.
Old 11-27-2015, 11:54 AM

blinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura about

This is a case I would totally support the children being removed from him. He's the one that needs treatment and a cure for his issues, not the kids. I assume the ruling is in line with what would happen if they erred an intact family and both parents were participating in the nonsense.

Good for the court on this one.