Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2012, 01:54 AM

Patty60 is on a distinguished road
Default Grandparents Denied Access

After some time I am posting the recent developments of my case. We were denied access to our two grandchildren after we had a established strong bonds with them from birth. The reason for the denied access was my daughter's hookup with an abusive ex-boyfriend. He used her chidren to manipulate us primarily to control her and for financial gain from us.
We went to court, the judge gave us access. Now my daughter completely broke her ties with this loser, she and the kids are back living with us temporarily. The court ordered family counselling. We requested access in writing and said documnet to be sanctioned by the court.
All you nay-sayers, who previously thought it was a losing propositon, keep in mind the "best interest of the child" does truimph, even for grandparents.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:57 AM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty60 View Post
After some time I am posting the recent developments of my case. We were denied access to our two grandchildren after we had a established strong bonds with them from birth. The reason for the denied access was my daughter's hookup with an abusive ex-boyfriend. He used her chidren to manipulate us primarily to control her and for financial gain from us.
We went to court, the judge gave us access. Now my daughter completely broke her ties with this loser, she and the kids are back living with us temporarily. The court ordered family counselling. We requested access in writing and said documnet to be sanctioned by the court.
All you nay-sayers, who previously thought it was a losing propositon, keep in mind the "best interest of the child" does truimph, even for grandparents.
What is the court file number? As it is a matter of public record it would be simple for you to produce the evidence that this is the truth. Furthermore, it would be of benefit to others if you provided the posted decision regarding the matter.

Furthermore, from your past posting and time to this posting is incredibly fast. I am assuming that this decision you won was on an "emergency" filing and matters were brought to trial.

As all court documents are part of the public record you can "prove" your "evidence" you have given here by simply providing the court file number and jurisdiction.

Other than proving that what you are saying is truthful with cogent evidence to the emotional reasoning you are providing it is just a posting on a message board.

Good Luck!
Tayken
Old 03-15-2012, 08:31 AM

Berner_Faith will become famous soon enough

I would be interested in seeing this also... is it possible court was never involved and the daughter just ended up breaking up with the boyfriend and now is back home for the time being? Prove all of us nay-sayers wrong and provide the court file number.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:15 AM

hadenough is on a distinguished road

I'm just jumping in here and didn't read P60's other posts but I do know that Grandparents are being given more consideration these days, than in the past. Also: a lawyer told me that only Superior Court Judgments are posted on CanLii, not OCJ (Provincial) ones. I wish mine was on there: I'd love for ppl to be able to see it.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:44 AM

Berner_Faith will become famous soon enough

Hadenough, that is not true... CanLII - Decisions issued in March 2012

I agree that Grandparents are getting more rights and they should, however the time lines with this OP seem to be very fast to have been to court and already have a decision.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:49 AM

BernerFaith: Pls PM me and I'll send you my Court File #. I don't know how to use the PM except to reply. Maybe b/c I'm on my BB, I don't know - but I'd love to know if you can view it. Lol: I also don't know how to capture ppl's quotes in my replies - the ones that appear "outlined" when ppl on here are responding point by point to someone's post.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:09 AM

BF. Thx for that link. Guess that lawyer misinformed me. I checked and FOUND my order/decision. Wow, I had no idea it was on there. I'm glad it's somewhere. It sure isn't w/FRO yet. My apologies for earlier statement: that OCJ decisions were not on CanLii.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:20 AM

Exquizique is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadenough View Post
BF. Thx for that link. Guess that lawyer misinformed me. I checked and FOUND my order/decision. Wow, I had no idea it was on there. I'm glad it's somewhere. It sure isn't w/FRO yet. My apologies for earlier statement: that OCJ decisions were not on CanLii.
Hadenough, if you are comfortable sharing, I would also like to read about your case. The circumstances of it as you described so far on this forum are certainly quite odd/interesting. Please PM me with the details if you are comfortable sharing, thanks (Or would you like me to PM you and you can reply?)
Old 03-15-2012, 10:24 AM

EXQ; pm me and no I don't mind sharing. Ticks me off that wrong date is on decision (they added an extra day?) and there are typo's (sloppy) but I will give you the info. I had no idea it was on there. Thx BernerFaith.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:44 AM

Pursuinghappiness will become famous soon enough

Hadenough:

Can you forward that to FRO or does it have to be stamped?
Closed Thread