Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2014, 09:14 AM

dad2bandm is on a distinguished road
Default First day of school...good luck

Another year, and the first day of school is upon us.
Good luck to those, with kids already in school, or those entering for the first time. Hope it all goes well. :-)
Old 09-02-2014, 10:23 AM

FB_ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad2bandm View Post
Another year, and the first day of school is upon us.
Good luck to those, with kids already in school, or those entering for the first time. Hope it all goes well. :-)
Had a great drop-off at school this morning. Met the kids teachers. My daughter is starting grade 1 this year so she was a little nervous.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:33 AM

Great to hear FB_. I had to start work early today, so couldn't see the kids off to school, but am looking forward to hearing about it from them, tonight.

My daughter also started Grade 1 this year. She also goes everyday now this year, so that will be great for her.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:36 AM

DowntroddenDad will become famous soon enough

My older daughter started Univeristy this week, dropped her at residence on Sunday.

My ex and her fiance came with furniture in their vehicle, I brought my daughters and some boxes and bags.

We remained civil and supportive through the whole exercise. It was kinda fun to see all those bright shiny faces. Hopefully it will take a while before they become party animals or jaded young people.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad2bandm View Post
Great to hear FB_. I had to start work early today, so couldn't see the kids off to school, but am looking forward to hearing about it from them, tonight.

My daughter also started Grade 1 this year. She also goes everyday now this year, so that will be great for her.
My daughter has been full day kindergarten for two years so that's not a change. But the rest time and recess is going to be very new for her.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:55 AM

HammerDad will become famous soon enough

My daughter is going into grade 4. She wasn't looking forward to going back, as there will be more homework. But she gets to see her friends more, which she is excited about. I gave a quick call this morning to wish her well and let her know I am thinking about her.
Old 09-02-2014, 11:01 AM

Straittohell is an unknown quantity at this point

Excellent sentiments, dad2bandm! I had the good fortune of being able to put both my kids on the bus this morning and send them off. They were pretty excited. About 15 minutes before they were due to head off to the bus stop, their mom called and asked to speak to them, and that also went well. It was one of those nice mornings where the whole co-parenting thing worked as it was supposed to.
Old 09-02-2014, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straittohell View Post
Excellent sentiments, dad2bandm! I had the good fortune of being able to put both my kids on the bus this morning and send them off. They were pretty excited. About 15 minutes before they were due to head off to the bus stop, their mom called and asked to speak to them, and that also went well. It was one of those nice mornings where the whole co-parenting thing worked as it was supposed to.
It's so nice when that happens.

Things have been good recently for me as well. Although still no texting...I don't think I'll ever bend on that.
Old 09-02-2014, 11:19 AM

Sometime this week, I'll have to speak to D5's new teacher, to setup the same routine as done last year (my being able to drop by the office, where I can pickup D5's school information, free from gatekeeping from other parent).

Hopefully, that will be painless with a new teacher, and the usual questions that come out of that conversation. lol.
Old 09-02-2014, 02:11 PM
Hand of Justice

Links17 is on a distinguished road

My ex refused to let me see the kids this morning - before their first day of school - I haven't had an "access visit" with them since August 5th or something....