Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2016, 03:27 PM

hopefull is on a distinguished road

@lulubuttons......I can't even believe you are asking this question. You lot sound like high school kids with all this drama.

Most people that post on facebook, twitter, instagram etc are just attention seeking. Do your husband and yourself a favour, and don't give the ex any more ammunition.

Get off social media...PERIOD!
Old 09-26-2016, 06:40 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefull View Post
@lulubuttons......I can't even believe you are asking this question. You lot sound like high school kids with all this drama.

Most people that post on facebook, twitter, instagram etc are just attention seeking. Do your husband and yourself a favour, and don't give the ex any more ammunition.

Get off social media...PERIOD!
wow I am sure there are plenty of people on here who are on social media.
Old 09-27-2016, 11:20 AM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubuttons View Post
Thank you everyone. I didn't mean to make it sound like I was dumb enough to post things online about their situation, OR while the trial was happening. Should have made that clear.
But, it could happen. With blogs come message forums and trolls. From what I have seen used in court the comments sections of blogs are where people screw up the most. Not in the blog post but, how they handle trolls. It could be the ex that trolls you, her family or friends. They will try to get you to say something in response. Why give anyone a forum like this to upset you and provide evidence that could be used against the father of the child?

Quote:
The thing is, it would have absolutely NOTHING to do with her, the trial, my step-son, etc. I just want to start a channel for fun where I make videos about the cool new things I try, etc. But I completely understand that it could be used in any way they wanted, and to give them that kind of fodder would be foolish.
Trolls. The trolls will come.

Quote:
After the trial though.....when an order is in place.....would there be any legal things I *should* do to protect myself? I actually don't know what she could do at all, so not even sure if this is a necessary question. We have a "live free from harassment" clause in the SA but not sure if I would need to do something in addition to this.
That clause is useless. Once you put yourself online you are not free from harassment. Ever. Welcome to the internet. Welcome to trolls.

Good Luck!
Tayken
Old 09-27-2016, 11:29 AM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
... I just want to start a channel for fun where I make videos about the cool new things I try, etc.
My mommy blog ruined my life | New York Post

Quote:
Many of the women are stay-at-home mothers hoping to monetize their blogs: In exchange for free stuff and experiences, or more formal paid-sponsorship agreements, they enthuse about a company’s product on their blogs and social-media platforms. Some of them make as much as they would at a traditional job outside the home.
I wouldn't recommend getting sucked into the marketing scam that is "mommy blogging".

An excellent read:

Dear Mommy Blogger Josi Denise

Quote:
You’re writing in an inauthentic voice about an unoriginal subject, worse if sprinkled with horrible grammar and spelling, and you are contributing nothing to the world but static noise.

Quit because your mommy blog fucking sucks. And it’s not going to get better. There are probably a dozen things you are actually good at.

Find what you love, and what you do better than anyone else, and do that.
Old 09-27-2016, 12:01 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough
Default Ex's and Youtube channels

Blogs are useless unless you actually have something important to say. If this is just to share info on cool stuff with people who like you, use facebook.

If youre trying to get famous with a blog then I encourage you to watch the west wing episode with Lemon Lymon and see how ridiculous it is to be someone who thought you were cool posting on the internet. Translation: dont do it because thats ridiculous and stupid.

Youre not Martha Stewart or Oprah. No one cares and youll just be ridiculed.
Old 09-27-2016, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
If youre trying to get famous with a blog then I encourage you to watch the west wing episode with Lemon Lymon and see how ridiculous it is to be someone who thought you were cool posting on the internet. Translation: dont do it because thats ridiculous and stupid.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAB858elJOw

Forgot about that one.
Old 09-27-2016, 12:59 PM

hopefull is on a distinguished road

Just like there are many people in person and on death roll.....does that mean you want to be part of the statistics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
wow I am sure there are plenty of people on here who are on social media.
Old 09-27-2016, 01:15 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayken View Post

What you may not have known is that AARON SORKIN got into a debate on a forum and created a giant issue for himself that led to him writing that episode. If Sorkin, a major Hollywood writer, cant escape the trolls in his fame, you cant either.
Old 09-27-2016, 05:56 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefull View Post
Just like there are many people in person and on death roll.....does that mean you want to be part of the statistics?
we are all part of the divorce statistics on this site. Actually in some ways this forum could be social media. We support each other to some degree and have our own trolls. We don't post about our day to day lives but our separation/divorce and other issues.

I use facebook to keep up with my family that is flung all over Canada. My settings are set at private so only my friends and family can see stuff. Social media does have its uses. If it wasn't for my old school friend on facebook it never would of found out about my current job. So it does have its uses. I went to making an extra 25k a year due to my contact on facebook.

Tags
high conflict, youtube