Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2017, 05:05 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Reminder: Florida voted for Trump.
Old 01-03-2017, 01:44 AM

stripes is on a distinguished road

Why does it matter who takes them to Disneyland first? Is there an urgent reason why your girlfriend's parents need to take the kids there? Why not go somewhere else and let Dad do the Disney run if it's such a big deal to him? It's just a big expensive amusement park, not a matter of life and death. Is the real point here whether Mom or Dad will "win" this petty quarrel? If so, perhaps Mom and grandparents should just get over it.
Old 01-04-2017, 11:48 AM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripes View Post
Why does it matter who takes them to Disneyland first? Is there an urgent reason why your girlfriend's parents need to take the kids there? Why not go somewhere else and let Dad do the Disney run if it's such a big deal to him? It's just a big expensive amusement park, not a matter of life and death. Is the real point here whether Mom or Dad will "win" this petty quarrel? If so, perhaps Mom and grandparents should just get over it.
100 points to stripes.

I agree!
Old 01-04-2017, 11:57 AM

phatkid77 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripes View Post

Doesn't it work both ways? Why is it such a big deal for him?
And it's not a big deal. Other than the grandmother is 70 and going in march.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-05-2017, 07:34 PM
Banned

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I went through this. Filed a motion for the right to travel and threatened an emergency motion to get the passport. Worked like a charm. We loved Disney World in Orlando. Don't mix up Disneyland and Disneyworld, one is in Cali and one is in Florida.
Old 01-05-2017, 07:38 PM
Banned

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayken View Post
Reminder: Florida voted for Trump.
I honestly just got back from Florida for a vacation with my daughter. It is the most beautiful place I have ever visited on earth.

Sorry to break it to you, but Florida's weather alone trumps all of Canada put together. Their people are very nice as well. They don't have the nasty ignorant attitude you find in most of people in Canada. They are very open minded and love trying new and different things. I also like their laws.

Really friendly people, you can wave to anyone in the street and they will wave right back. Not like here where they turn around and call the cops on you - ridiculous.

File a motion, get the travel order, and file an emergency motion if she withholds the passport, if your travel fails, you bring a contempt motion and seek all of your costs. No judge is going to say no to you travelling to Florida unless there is a risk of abduction or serious harm to your child (which I doubt to be the case if you have regular access non supervised access.) The administration of our Justice System would come into question if they didn't allow travel because the majority of the state voted for Donald Trump as president.

Me and my daughter's trip to Florida was the best time we have ever had. We were not too excited about coming back to Canada.

Last edited by trinton; 01-05-2017 at 07:44 PM.