Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2016, 08:33 PM

phatkid77 is on a distinguished road
Default EX won't sign off for travel

Quick question. My GF parents want to take the daughter to Disneyland. He is against it and won't let or doesn't want I should say... because he thinks they should be the first one to take kids to Disney..
example. He thinks we ALL go down together with all our kids so he doesn't get to do it first or boar versa.

Pretty sure he can't prevent this.. correct ?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-29-2016, 02:39 AM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

Does it interfer with his parenting time?
Old 12-29-2016, 05:51 AM

Yeah as the schedule is two days a week and every other weekend. But like most separation agreements allowed 2 wks in summer for such occasions. And we always swap days to even things out in the end if wanted

Old 12-29-2016, 12:03 PM

Berner_Faith will become famous soon enough

Usually the summer holidays are for summer holidays... I haven't read a SA that states the 2 weeks in the summer is to make up for the time the other parent lost during the rest of the year. That's not usually how it works unless their SA specifically states that.

That being said, she must go by what her SA states, put the request out there in writing, if it's refused, mediation, if that's refused court application.

Old 12-29-2016, 12:06 PM

The two weeks isn't for lost time. I'm saying if he wanted on one of our days. They would just swap a day later to make up
Ie. amicable...

Old 12-29-2016, 12:24 PM

Janus will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatkid77 View Post
Yeah as the schedule is two days a week and every other weekend. But like most separation agreements allowed 2 wks in summer for such occasions. And we always swap days to even things out in the end if wanted
Does the agreement force him to swap days?
Does the agreement give your GF the right to impose her selection of two weeks in the summer?

If the answer to one of the above questions is yes, then she can impose her will and he can't stop her.

If the answer to both questions is no, then your GF had better start playing nice in the sandbox.

As an alternative, if the father has been screwed into only seeing the kids EOW, then there is a 12 day window to have a vacation that doesn't interfere with his time at all. Why not vacation during that time?
Old 12-29-2016, 12:25 PM

Janus will become famous soon enough

If you mean he won't sign the travel consent, then yeah, that won't fly in court at all. She just has to motion and she will win in a heartbeat.
Old 12-29-2016, 12:29 PM

Thanks Janus. That's what I'm saying. HE wants to take them to Disney first... so objects...
what motion form needed?
Thanks

Old 12-29-2016, 01:31 PM

Beachnana is on a distinguished road

How old are the children? Honestly being the " first" to take them to Disney is not an earth moving experience.

Ask him when he intends to take them, does he have a definite plan? Then IMO let him do just that and your GF parents can take them elsewhere - learn to ski vacation, a trip to a beach. Dependant on their age. Going to Disney is just a blip on their lives. Not worth fighting about.
Old 12-29-2016, 01:35 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachnana View Post
How old are the children? Honestly being the " first" to take them to Disney is not an earth moving experience.

Ask him when he intends to take them, does he have a definite plan? Then IMO let him do just that and your GF parents can take them elsewhere - learn to ski vacation, a trip to a beach. Dependant on their age. Going to Disney is just a blip on their lives. Not worth fighting about.
voice of reason... and we wonder why it takes so long to get court dates in family court....