Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2016, 01:35 PM

mcdreamy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Links17 View Post
that his parents willingly gave to him... .
as he did to her, in their settlement agreement.
Old 02-19-2016, 01:54 PM

SadAndTired is on a distinguished road

Quote:
that his parents willingly gave to him... there is a difference..
Oh please....

I am sure that the guy has a brain. You insult men everywhere by acting like they are simply pawns used by women.

He pursued her. He slept with her without a condom. He didn't have her sign a prenup. I am sure he knew the risk but did it anyway.

If he didn't want to pay for a child, he should have worn a condom, had a vasectomy or masturbated.
Old 02-19-2016, 02:58 PM
Hand of Justice

Links17 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdreamy View Post
as he did to her, in their settlement agreement.
A lie.... it was under threat of trial - I am sure he didn't just agree for fun.

I can make anybody agree to anything if the alternative is a gun to their head (i.e: Trial in a broken system)

The fallacy of settlements is that they are entered into willingly... never accept any unfair settlement because it will ALWAYS be said "you agreed".

Last edited by Links17; 02-19-2016 at 03:06 PM.
Old 02-19-2016, 03:05 PM
Hand of Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadAndTired View Post
Oh please....

I am sure that the guy has a brain. You insult men everywhere by acting like they are simply pawns used by women.

He pursued her. He slept with her without a condom. He didn't have her sign a prenup. I am sure he knew the risk but did it anyway.

If he didn't want to pay for a child, he should have worn a condom, had a vasectomy or masturbated.
Haha... no pregnancy in the world is worth the milions of dollars that he will have to pay.

No rational person without direct knowledge of family law would ever conclude that a child could cost you tens of millions of dollars...

The sick twisted world of family law....
Q: "What do you do for a living"

A: "I got impregnated by a rich guy and left him the following week now I earn way more money than I ever imagined and I will be able to put away enough in my savings account to never have to work again"

Q: "You go girl - this is the equality we fought for!!"

A: "I'm gonna make him pay, that deadbeat!!"
Old 02-19-2016, 03:31 PM

dad2bandm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
The sick twisted world of family law....
Q: "What do you do for a living"

A: "I got impregnated by a rich guy and left him the following week now I earn way more money than I ever imagined and I will be able to put away enough in my savings account to never have to work again"
This particular couple was married for 7 years prior to seperating. I presume the kids were around for a few years prior to seperation.
Old 02-19-2016, 04:07 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Wealthy families generally understand very well the financial cost of a failed marriage. All understand the impact of failed marriages on the family estate. This further fuels the not-so-uncommon desire for one's children to marry within the inner circles.

A costly divorce and ensuing child support would not be a surprise to a family such as this.
Old 02-19-2016, 04:18 PM
Hand of Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad2bandm View Post
This particular couple was married for 7 years prior to seperating. I presume the kids were around for a few years prior to seperation.
I was illustrating a hypothetical possibility which is supported by the current legal system, 7 days, 7 years, it makes no difference really...
Old 02-19-2016, 04:29 PM

SadAndTired is on a distinguished road

Links, I am genuinely asking, do you ever see a situation where child support is justified?
Old 02-19-2016, 04:51 PM
Hand of Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadAndTired View Post
Links, I am genuinely asking, do you ever see a situation where child support is justified?
Yes, in sole custody situations or situations where the non-custodial parent has no fixed expenses for the children and up to an amount proportionate to how much that non-custodial parent would have spent on the child had they been in the same household and only as much as 50% of the amount the custodial parent is actually spending directly on the child (proportionate share of rent, electricity etc..) - any benefits accrued due to real estate inflation.....

Not 10 million dollars...