Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

View Poll Results: Would you participate in this documentary?
Sign me up, I want to participate! 3 30.00%
I would participate if I could be anonymous 3 30.00%
I would help behind the scenes 0 0%
This is a waste of time 4 40.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2012, 04:40 PM

SteveB is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Documentary on the male experience in separation and divorce

I am doing a short documentary for the Digi60 Film Festival in Ottawa. The documentary will present the Men's experiences in coping with family breakdown and divorce. This will be a sympathetic look at family breakdown from the male perspective.

We are looking for 8 men who would like to participate in a one - two hour group discussion with a moderator. The discussion will be filmed and used in the documentary which will be shown on December 7 in Ottawa. We will film in the next three weeks, with possible dates of : November 3, November 4, November 10, November 11, or a weeknight in early November.

We may run two sessions if there is a lot of interest.

More information on Digi60 can be found at Digi60 | Ottawa's Digital Filmmakers Festival

Thanks,

Steve
Old 10-30-2012, 09:50 PM

SynGreis is on a distinguished road

I would LOVE to go but im 8 hours away
Old 10-31-2012, 01:23 AM

Hi SynGreis, We might be doing a series. Where are you located?
Old 10-31-2012, 01:59 AM

SynGreis is on a distinguished road

Near Windsor Ontario. right across detroit.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:31 AM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
I am doing a short documentary for the Digi60 Film Festival in Ottawa. The documentary will present the Men's experiences in coping with family breakdown and divorce. This will be a sympathetic look at family breakdown from the male perspective.

We are looking for 8 men who would like to participate in a one - two hour group discussion with a moderator. The discussion will be filmed and used in the documentary which will be shown on December 7 in Ottawa. We will film in the next three weeks, with possible dates of : November 3, November 4, November 10, November 11, or a weeknight in early November.

We may run two sessions if there is a lot of interest.

More information on Digi60 can be found at Digi60 | Ottawa's Digital Filmmakers Festival

Thanks,

Steve
Dear Steve:

Family separation impacts all races, genders and sexual orientations. If you want to further divide families and make separation and divorce a gender war any view that you present will only possibly isolate matters as a gender war between the male and female sexes. Which it is not.

Good Luck!
Tayken
Old 10-31-2012, 07:34 AM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
We are looking for 8 men who would like to participate in a one - two hour group discussion with a moderator.
Who is the "moderator"? As the "documentary" will be shown publicly I am sure you can disclose the full name and credentials of the "moderator" for this film? What are their credentials? Do they have a medical designation in the medical field? (C. Psych, Psychiatrist?)
Old 10-31-2012, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayken View Post
Dear Steve:

Family separation impacts all races, genders and sexual orientations. If you want to further divide families and make separation and divorce a gender war any view that you present will only possibly isolate matters as a gender war between the male and female sexes. Which it is not.

Good Luck!
Tayken
Hi Tayken,

Thanks for your feedback!

The male and female perspectives are equally valid, although their experiences may be quite different.

We hope and believe that an open conversation is more helpful and healing than silence. We hear many negative stories about "deadbeat dads," domestic abuse, and absent fathers. Our intention is not to lay blame, but to talk to men about their experiences, both positive and negative.

Thanks, -Steve
Old 10-31-2012, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayken View Post
Who is the "moderator"? As the "documentary" will be shown publicly I am sure you can disclose the full name and credentials of the "moderator" for this film? What are their credentials? Do they have a medical designation in the medical field? (C. Psych, Psychiatrist?)
The moderator is Ken Godmere from Ottawa.

We are NOT conducting a psychiatric study or providing any form of therapy. Nor will we be offering any form of advice to participants. This is merely a conversation between healthy men. I hope that addresses your concerns.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:57 AM

hadenough is on a distinguished road

OP: You might want to read SynGreis' threads/posts before you recruit him. I don't claim to know exactly what your documentary intends to establish, but I'll hazard a guess that you're not going for a "Jerry Springer" tone.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:07 PM

Quote:
The moderator is Ken Godmere from Ottawa.

We are NOT conducting a psychiatric study or providing any form of therapy. Nor will we be offering any form of advice to participants. This is merely a conversation between healthy men. I hope that addresses your concerns.
My only concern is profiteering from family situations.

Men have an outlet for exploring their emotions. It is called a mental health worker (clinician).
Closed Thread

Tags
divorce, documentary, separation