Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2015, 12:48 PM
Hand of Justice

Links17 is on a distinguished road
Default divorce kills women!

Divorcees 'have more heart attacks' - BBC News
Old 04-17-2015, 01:03 PM
Banned

serendipitous is on a distinguished road

Well...it might not kill men as much, but it finally cripples most and drive them to drink / drugs. I couldn't help but notice how in the picture of the cake, wife gets the house, pets and everything else...a coincide perhaps?

In the following picture...am sure there are many "married" couple who leave as lodgers i.e. putting on a facade' for their friends and family

Old 04-17-2015, 01:41 PM

mcdreamy is on a distinguished road

The Ontario Chief Coroner agrees with the article - divorce/separation does kill women. Of course, the Chief Coroner cites a difference reason for death:

http://www.mcscs.jus.gov.on.ca/stell...t/ec165340.pdf

Source: Ontario Ministry of Community Safety & Correctional Services,
Office of the Chief Coroner
Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services :: 2012 Report
Old 04-17-2015, 02:54 PM
Hand of Justice

without checking the link i imagine it is a domestic abuse scenario....

actually the interesting thing here is that 99% of the time people say divorce makes women happier and men died earlier this is pretty much the opposite.

i bet if they controlled for judicial decisions in family court they'd find men were happier after divorce.
Old 04-17-2015, 08:25 PM
Banned

^ I know right. The coroner from Ontario surely doesn't speak for every other coroner around the globe.
Old 04-18-2015, 12:41 PM

Pursuinghappiness will become famous soon enough

Quote:
actually the interesting thing here is that 99% of the time people say divorce makes women happier and men died earlier this is pretty much the opposite.
lol...I must be the 1%. I'm much healthier and less stressed after divorce and I'm much, much happier.

I just had a physical and I'm physically optimal. Of course, I don't have financial or ongoing custody issues which I think is a huge contributor to stress and anxiety after divorce.

I think I have had some lucky things happen to me though. I didn't have to deal with too much dating...which can be depressing. I found the right better partner quickly and he was very supportive during my divorce. I had a supportive family who I could vent to and was on my side. I have great kids who easily transitioned the divorce process without being super angry at me for ending the marriage. And I took a lot of nature walks and took up relaxation techniques to help with the anxiety caused by the divorce procedure (meditation, exercise, lots and lots of sex).

The bottom line is that even if I was on the verge of a heart attack right this moment because of my divorce, I'd still do it. It was the best decision I've ever made. And one minute away from my crappy marriage and with my new husband (yes, I got remarried) was worth anything...even poor health. Getting away from my ex was definitely worth dying for.

All this article tells me is that women need to move forward into divorce without guilt....they need to be more financially prepared to leave...and they need to take care of themselves during the process. You need to remove the anxiety and not let it consume your life.

I'd also recommend you let go of the bitterness and hatred after the divorce is over (cough, cough Links).
Old 04-18-2015, 08:32 PM

Stillbreathing is on a distinguished road

Despite being trapped in a horrific marriage where my safety and that of the children were at constant risk, divorce proceedings escalated things to a completely different level of stress. Prior to becoming involved in the family court system I was healthy. Since then I have blown the blood vessels in both my sclera during court and suffered a silent heart attack which was discovered when I had an ECG for a minor procedure. If my ex doesn't kill me, the stress of family court may.
Old 04-18-2015, 09:25 PM
Banned

So sorry to hear that, and hope you find peace soon. I don't know how people are able to jump into another marriage so quickly after just coming out of one, but I guess whatever makes people comfortable.

I know some people always have to be with someone, and fear being alone even for a little while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillbreathing View Post
Despite being trapped in a horrific marriage where my safety and that of the children were at constant risk, divorce proceedings escalated things to a completely different level of stress. Prior to becoming involved in the family court system I was healthy. Since then I have blown the blood vessels in both my sclera during court and suffered a silent heart attack which was discovered when I had an ECG for a minor procedure. If my ex doesn't kill me, the stress of family court may.
Old 04-18-2015, 09:55 PM
Hand of Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
lol...I must be the 1%. I'm much healthier and less stressed after divorce and I'm much, much happier.

I just had a physical and I'm physically optimal. Of course, I don't have financial or ongoing custody issues which I think is a huge contributor to stress and anxiety after divorce.

I think I have had some lucky things happen to me though. I didn't have to deal with too much dating...which can be depressing. I found the right better partner quickly and he was very supportive during my divorce. I had a supportive family who I could vent to and was on my side. I have great kids who easily transitioned the divorce process without being super angry at me for ending the marriage. And I took a lot of nature walks and took up relaxation techniques to help with the anxiety caused by the divorce procedure (meditation, exercise, lots and lots of sex).

The bottom line is that even if I was on the verge of a heart attack right this moment because of my divorce, I'd still do it. It was the best decision I've ever made. And one minute away from my crappy marriage and with my new husband (yes, I got remarried) was worth anything...even poor health. Getting away from my ex was definitely worth dying for.

All this article tells me is that women need to move forward into divorce without guilt....they need to be more financially prepared to leave...and they need to take care of themselves during the process. You need to remove the anxiety and not let it consume your life.

I'd also recommend you let go of the bitterness and hatred after the divorce is over (cough, cough Links).
You misunderstood - I was commenting how must studies indicate divorce is wonderful for women (except financially) and men eventually die due to divorce related ailments. THIS study indicates the opposite.

Thanks for your concern, why don't you send me 2/3 of your paycheque to make me feel better
Old 04-18-2015, 10:25 PM

Janibel will become famous soon enough

Doesn't really matter what some study claims .... divorce is hard of both genders, physically, financially and emotionally. Dealing with greedy lawyers, bored judges and the stress of going to court is enough to make anyone sick! It's dehumanizing bullcrap (and that's on a good day).

My ex suffered a massive heart attack last year (due in part to the stress of divorce) and now has a pace-maker. I've been to therapy and was on anxiety medication for the first two years.

Imagine what it does to our children?