Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2014, 04:07 PM

Janibel will become famous soon enough
Default Divorce court is a corporation

Just finished viewing a documentary called ''Divorce Corp''. Quite an eye-opener, although this film concerns US laws and legislation, there's a lot that applies to our own court system.

Candid interviews with retired justices, high-octane lawyers and every day Joe's and Jane's who have lost it all through years of litigation.
"The mistake that most people make is believing that our family courts are like social services - they're not, they're a corporation - to them our children are nothing more than little money bags to be fought over".

Last edited by mcdreamy; 09-13-2014 at 09:17 PM. Reason: eta: deleted unsecure link
Old 09-15-2014, 06:28 AM

North of 40 is on a distinguished road

One of the main problems with Family Law......LAWYERS..

When one is getting divorced it is highly emotional.

Lawyers pounce on this. They see the potential for profit and go for it. Why ever settle if the money trough is there.

Interesting case in the Toronto Star a bit back entitled "Breaking Bad" . The one family lawyer tried to continuously discredit the other spouse until finally the judge ended it. Who knows what the cost was.....

Sad...but there should be some regulations existing not letting them drag cases on endlessly.
Old 09-15-2014, 08:26 AM

FightingForFamily will become famous soon enough

I've been calling it the "family destruction industry" for years now. I haven't had the chance to see Divorce Corp yet, it's not on Canadian Netflicks lol.
Old 09-15-2014, 12:36 PM

Janibel will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightingForFamily View Post
I've been calling it the "family destruction industry" for years now. I haven't had the chance to see Divorce Corp yet, it's not on Canadian Netflicks lol.

FFF, If you can't find it, send me a PM and I'll point you in the right direction.
Old 10-19-2014, 06:19 PM
Banned

MommyTime is an unknown quantity at this point

I've heard of this show.. Been meaning to look it up. Thanks for the reminder.