Ottawa Divorce .com Forums


User CP

New posts

Advertising

  Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 04-20-2012, 11:59 AM
Tayken's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 6,472
Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bFREE2012 View Post
Pointers, please?

In addition to e-copies of kids' photos, I have amassed a set of HARDCOPY photos thru the years and organized them nicely into albums for both kids, now 20 and 11, stored into a wooden chest. While no major issues in other aspects of our house content division, including/especially on money, this one labeled "kids' photo albums" has been contentious from day one. I have even offered to scan special photos for my stbx in addition to dvd movie projects i have made on each of the kids, give him open access to the albums at any time, but to no avail.

...and it's not like i saw him ever perusing :-) the photo albums, on his own accord, in the past...:-)

I just don't know how to 'split' the photo albums and/or resolve this situation without having to go to a mediator.

Anyone encountered a similar snag?

Tx,
2bfree2012
Make digital copies of everything first and both parents get a copy. You can reproduce any size picture you want from a good digital copy.
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 04-20-2012, 01:49 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hamilton
Posts: 3,717
HammerDad will become famous soon enough
Default

Using a camcorder to try and recreate a photo album, what a rediculously lazy and stupid idea.

"Hey, here is a copy of the photo albums. It is completedly unusable as an album and you can spend the next [god-knows-how-long] trying to extract the pictures from the video, then convert them to jpeg to be able to print them off....but I just don't have time to bring it to Costco, Blacks or [insert photo company here] to do even though it would take up less of my time......."

What an idiotic idea. I would never accept that as a viable alternative.

Take it down to the local photography place and have them reproduce it. It will likely cost $100-200 depending on number of albums. How many hours of your lawyers time do you think it take to chew up that amount???

Last edited by HammerDad; 04-20-2012 at 01:52 PM.
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 04-21-2012, 07:04 AM
Tayken's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 6,472
Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerDad View Post
Take it down to the local photography place and have them reproduce it. It will likely cost $100-200 depending on number of albums. How many hours of your lawyers time do you think it take to chew up that amount???
Bingo. HammerDad is absolutely correct. A negative advocate solicitor would be more than willing to charge you 265 to 800 and hour to fight this one out in court.

Good Luck!
Tayken
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 04-21-2012, 09:20 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 103
hemademesingle is on a distinguished road
Default

Why not just copy all the pictures? Takes time, but it is pretty simple to do,

I copied all our pictures, not only for him, but for our kids as well, put them on a flash drive, then he can copy whatever ones he wants,


It really seems sad to fight over memories of a chapter in your lives
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 04-21-2012, 11:20 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Vaughan
Posts: 2,360
billiechic is on a distinguished road
Default

or maybe you could EACH get a copy of the original books, and agree that the originals are the property of the children themselves. I think they are both old enough to value those books, and to properly care for them. Sheeesh!
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 04-22-2012, 09:21 AM
Gary M's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kanata
Posts: 703
Gary M is on a distinguished road
Default

FFS, join us in the 21st century.

Duplicate the albums, split the cost, DONE.

Oh, to have had something like this as my main issue.... Oy

Cheers!

Gary
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 04-22-2012, 04:58 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Dorking
Posts: 347
KeepSmiling is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerDad View Post
Using a camcorder to try and recreate a photo album, what a rediculously lazy and stupid idea.

"Hey, here is a copy of the photo albums. It is completedly unusable as an album and you can spend the next [god-knows-how-long] trying to extract the pictures from the video, then convert them to jpeg to be able to print them off....but I just don't have time to bring it to Costco, Blacks or [insert photo company here] to do even though it would take up less of my time......."

What an idiotic idea. I would never accept that as a viable alternative.

Take it down to the local photography place and have them reproduce it. It will likely cost $100-200 depending on number of albums. How many hours of your lawyers time do you think it take to chew up that amount???

ahhhh, hd, tell us how you really feel

but seriously, do you know why he is so interested in the photo albums? because you value them.

have you ever seen a man pour over scrap books and oogle over old baby pictures?????????

give him digital copies of all of the pictures, end of story, close that chapter.
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 04-22-2012, 07:54 PM
Rioe's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ontario
Posts: 3,213
Rioe will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepSmiling View Post
but seriously, do you know why he is so interested in the photo albums? because you value them.

have you ever seen a man pour over scrap books and oogle over old baby pictures?????????
I bet being able to do that is a lot more important to him now than it was when he believed they would always be accessible. Priorities change after separation.

But figuring out why he is fighting this issue could help you both decide how to deal with it.
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 04-23-2012, 01:30 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: ottawa
Posts: 25
2bFREE2012 is on a distinguished road
Default

LOL...i enjoyed reading all your posts, including the ones that made me say ouchies --- on presumably being thought of as lazy, stupid, or old-school...I was forewarned: no offence meant...no offence taken. I can only appreciate your thoughts.

Lots of good pointers. Kicked me back to ---hello, earth. And yes, i should consider myself lucky if this is indeed our stickiest separation agreement item.

Thanks to all of you. Again, i now know what to do. Ok...ok...i hear you: no camcorder! You are all great. Mwahhhh....:-)
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 04-23-2012, 02:14 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hamilton
Posts: 3,717
HammerDad will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bFREE2012 View Post
LOL...i enjoyed reading all your posts, including the ones that made me say ouchies --- on presumably being thought of as lazy, stupid, or old-school...I was forewarned: no offence meant...no offence taken. I can only appreciate your thoughts.

Lots of good pointers. Kicked me back to ---hello, earth. And yes, i should consider myself lucky if this is indeed our stickiest separation agreement item.

Thanks to all of you. Again, i now know what to do. Ok...ok...i hear you: no camcorder! You are all great. Mwahhhh....:-)
I am glad you were able to come back to earth. I can be blunt at times....and the rest of the time I am sarcastic......
Closed Thread

Tags
albums, memoirs, photo, photographs


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Someone please help me Aveariel Divorce & Family Law 12 09-08-2011 05:57 PM
Where Do I Go From Here? lorlaman Common Law Issues 9 08-08-2011 09:46 PM
Help with CS and time with kids deanp Financial Issues 1 01-26-2011 04:49 PM
Custody Issue... natasha Parenting Issues 13 09-16-2009 02:09 PM
Help! Many Questions! sophiejay43 Divorce & Family Law 5 06-24-2009 06:22 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:17 AM.