Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2013, 03:11 PM

Rioe will become famous soon enough

Sure, breastfeeding is best, but that doesn't mean the alternatives are crap. It shouldn't trump absolutely everything. The father's time with the child is just as important. And since the family is separated, his time with the child will include feedings.

The mother says the baby won't take a bottle? Not from her I bet, with the preferred alternative right there. But I'm sure he would from the father, if the father is patient, because the baby is hungry and the breasts are unavailable.

The mother says she doesn't produce enough breastmilk to pump extra. Guess what! The baby can get formula the first weekend with dad, and she can pump while the baby is absent and freeze it for the next dad weekend. One single weekend of formula is irrelevant to the baby's health.

The doctor said exclusively breastfeed. Was there a health reason given? Or did the doctor simply not know that the father had weekend custody? The father could consult a doctor or nurse for guidance on how to feed the baby during his weekend.

The mother said she likes the bonding? A weekend away now and then isn't going to mess that up, and it would be a good start to the father's bonding.

And lastly, the mother's determination to go to jail if necessary, rather than hand the child to the father says so much. During that time, guess what, someone else would be bottle feeding her child! It's not about breastfeeding at all, it's about finding every excuse possible not to let the father have the child.

Lastly, the article probably only got the go-ahead because breastfeeding is a hot topic, and it gave them an excuse to display a half-naked woman. Hasn't this woman ever heard of nursing tops?
Old 07-20-2013, 07:22 PM

caranna is on a distinguished road

Oh for pity's sake. The child is 4 months old. Her doctor recommends breast-feeding (and presumably staying with mom) for another 2 months. Leave the mother and child alone. It's a wonder she has anough breast milk with all this stress.

Besides sexual reasons, God gave us women tits to nurse our babies with.

I personally didn't nurse, as we adopted our kids, but I would have otherwise.
Old 07-20-2013, 07:27 PM

Mess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadAndTired View Post
Oh for Pete's sake. So I guess you think Tayken's quickly posted opinion qualifies as empirical evidence under the definition you have posted above?

The bottom line is Tayken said....
Yes, it's always all about what Tayken said.
Old 07-20-2013, 07:36 PM

caranna is on a distinguished road

I personally don't give a d__m about what Tayken said, and haven't read any of his replies to my posts since he made his "comeback."
Old 07-20-2013, 07:38 PM

SadAndTired is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
Yes, it's always all about what Tayken said.
^ If I had posted this, likely I would be warned for creating unnecessary conflict and baiting others.

The bottom line is I posted to Tayken, you replied. Since I am on his ignore list, it would not have gone any farther without your post. It is a shame that I cannot put a moderator on ignore. I tried.

Let it go Mess. I am not sure exactly what you were trying to prove but let it go, okay?

Last edited by SadAndTired; 07-20-2013 at 07:45 PM.
Old 07-20-2013, 07:41 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by caranna View Post
Oh for pity's sake. The child is 4 months old. Her doctor recommends breast-feeding (and presumably staying with mom) for another 2 months. Leave the mother and child alone. It's a wonder she has anough breast milk with all this stress.

Besides sexual reasons, God gave us women tits to nurse our babies with.

I personally didn't nurse, as we adopted our kids, but I would have otherwise.
The father has the right to parent his child. He wants to be involved in his childrens lives and this "mother' turned it into a court battle. Why should he not be allowed to parent both his kids? The only one causing the stress to her is herself. All she has to do is follow the agreeded upon parenting time for the dad but she would rather go to jail then do that. Hmm wonder if she would change her tune if it actually did come to that?

I am sure that there are other doctors who will say that formula is okay for children also.
Old 07-20-2013, 07:44 PM

blinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura about

Not to mention, the mother could continue to use the `baby won`t take the bottle' excuse to drag out preventing dad from being allowed to be an equal parent. And then of course, she'd use a 'status quo' argument.
Old 07-20-2013, 07:57 PM

mcdreamy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkandimgone View Post
Not to mention, the mother could continue to use the `baby won`t take the bottle' excuse to drag out preventing dad from being allowed to be an equal parent. And then of course, she'd use a 'status quo' argument.
k, #1 this news article is about control, not bf;

#2, did you bf? cause as a granola, bf parent, I can assure you.. bf is not easy. It don't come natural, and don't believe the shit they tell you in hospitals. It is one of the most difficult things I've done, and to then have to be asked to switch between bf and formula when I struggled from the get-go, worried I couldn't feed enough; and finally thinking we had struck gold = we had production; we had feeding = would have been near to impossible.

#3, if kidlet had been born in a 2 household family, we would have worked not only on my supply, but also on my pumping skills -- which would be ENTIRELY different than production for the newborn at my breast.

#4 - this news article is about control, not bf.
Old 07-20-2013, 08:36 PM

blinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura about

Agreed, it's about control. Mom is using breastfeeding as a means to control and prevent dad from being an equal parent. Later, it will be that baby won't take a bottle, then later, it eill be that baby doesn't want to go with dad, because dad wasn't around so baby isn't comfortable with him.

It's not a breastfeeding issue at all, there are other options.
Old 07-20-2013, 09:15 PM

Oh...and as for whether or not I breastfed, I did both. I breastfed when it was my turn to feed the baby, Dad bottle fed formula when it was his turn. Breastfeeding was easily one if the most difficult things I have ever done, I did not pump for fear of producing even more milk. Feeding the baby was one of the things Dad enjoyed most, and I enjoyed watching them. It was a wonderful experience, despite the horrible difficulties in doing it.
Closed Thread