Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2015, 11:58 AM

FightingForFamily will become famous soon enough

I also want to point out that news story does not discuss in any way what led to or caused the murder to take place. This is one of the fundamental issues. Men (short of severe mental illness) do not just go and randomly kill spouses, children and whole families without cause.

However the media rarely or never discloses anything about the cause. Simply stating that man = murderer and women/children = victims. Believe me, whenever I see cases like this, I always go to Canlii and try to find out what happened to the family to lead a parent to something so extreme and horrible.

For example,

They didn't say that she had been systemically alienating him from his friends and family for years, that she had taken and spent all of their savings on herself, drugs or gambling, that two of her three children were actually fathered by other men and he had been living a lie his entire marriage, etc.

The story is ALWAYS a lot more complex.

Nothing excuses murder or violence, but without appropriate context we are ignorant that most domestic violence doesn't occur in a vacuum.
Old 04-23-2015, 12:01 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Yeah I knew this thread would turn into an anti-female one. So predictable.

Carry on female-bashing if it makes you feel righteous, powerful and vindicated.

I believe people of both sexes commit crimes. As I mentioned before, news sensationalism exists to inform, entertain and ultimately to make money.

Oh and BTW people do indeed commit random killings, particularly individuals who are whacked out on drugs. Our prisons are full of these individuals (male and female).
Old 04-23-2015, 12:02 PM
Banned

serendipitous is on a distinguished road

^ Netflix comprises of old TV shows and movies, nothing new and you are using your bandwidth to stream stuff, on top of the $8 a month for the dumb down version of the US content.

I mostly watch documentaries, and movies that I download to watch in the comfort of my own home..including latest ones.
Old 04-23-2015, 12:10 PM

Excuse me Arabian, I did not say one thing bad about women, other than to describe that they are equal to men in terms of the capability to cause harm and misery, and that the real world is much more complicated than a 3 paragraph news story will ever illustrate.
Old 04-23-2015, 12:11 PM

^goody for you. I find the "dumbed down?" Canadian version just fine. I enjoy watching shows from places other than the US and am not averse to subtitles.

Each to their own.
Old 04-23-2015, 12:14 PM

I also really wouldn't advocate Mad Men as a place to look for good father and male role models. But yeah, Netflix is what we watch 98% of the time.
Old 04-23-2015, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightingForFamily View Post
Excuse me Arabian, I did not say one thing bad about women, other than to describe that they are equal to men in terms of the capability to cause harm and misery, and that the real world is much more complicated than a 3 paragraph news story will ever illustrate.

I am heartened to hear this.
Old 04-23-2015, 12:18 PM
Banned

Please please...don't play that card. It's a cheesy way of trying to condone the moral of the stories in question. I don't think anyone of us condones a man killing his family regardless of if it was for custody alienation or not.....

The punishment should be a standard one regardless of the gender, and you don't see that happen. Again, the cancer is very synonymous with women, and you have to ask why people do this?

It's taking away from legitimate Cancer patients

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian View Post
Yeah I knew this thread would turn into an anti-female one. So predictable.

Carry on female-bashing if it makes you feel righteous, powerful and vindicated.

I believe people of both sexes commit crimes. As I mentioned before, news sensationalism exists to inform, entertain and ultimately to make money.

Oh and BTW people do indeed commit random killings, particularly individuals who are whacked out on drugs. Our prisons are full of these individuals (male and female).
Old 04-23-2015, 12:31 PM

So your thesis is that the woman, who lied about having cancer, will be punished differently than a man?
Old 04-23-2015, 12:33 PM
Banned

The ones that sleep with students somehow get light punishment....don't see the problem here? What does this encourage.....I know, it's OK to lie / make up stories / false accusations / etc , because the punishment if anything, will be minimal.