Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

New posts


  Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-19-2017, 07:33 AM
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 47
e28makaveli has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Child custody of child from wedlock

Reading through some pages submitted by Google, it appears as though a child conceived out of wed lock is automatically granted full custody to the mother.

Does this also mean the mother has sole custody of the child? Also, if the father is not really involved in the child's life, can the mother just get up and move anywhere she wants without his consent even though his name is on the child's birth certificate?

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01-19-2017, 10:26 AM
Janus's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,342
Janus will become famous soon enough

How old is the child?
Is the father involved in the child's life?
Is the father paying support?

Generally speaking, the mother can do anything she wants unless the father opposes it.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 01-19-2017, 04:46 PM
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 47
e28makaveli has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Child is 17 months and father is not paying child support.

Father is also not actively involved in the child's life.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 01-19-2017, 06:01 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,838
stripes is on a distinguished road

Father can't have it both ways. Either he pays child support (as he should) and has some say in what happens with the child, or he avoids paying child support (which is pretty sleazy) and has no role in the child's life. (Remember that Mom could come after him for child support at any time - the child has the right to financial support from both parents).
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 01-19-2017, 07:33 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ontario
Posts: 3,048
Berner_Faith will become famous soon enough

I disagree with the above.

Access and CS are not linked. The father could have access and not pay CS (however I would assume the mother would be in court to get CS established) or the father could be ordered to pay CS and have no access to the child, for whatever reason.

Either way, Father owes CS regardless of access, unless he signed away parental rights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote

child custody, wedlock

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LF32 "need to see daughter" pt.2 LovingFather32 Parenting Issues 1621 10-18-2014 11:17 AM
Big financial difference. Please help. Freeryder Financial Issues 28 08-28-2013 05:45 PM
Japan to join Hague Convention on Child Custody Nadia General Chat 0 08-15-2010 12:44 AM
Custody Disputed Decent Dad Political Issues 2 06-26-2006 10:05 AM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:46 PM.