Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2011, 07:37 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkandimgone View Post
He doesn't have to give you his info, they will send a package to him as well - or you can give him the papers - to fill out and return directly to them without you ever seeing them. It's in his benefit as well so perhaps you can frame it that way to him as incentive to get it done?
that would be all well and good except he has turned into a total asshole instead of just of being a half one. The last time he and i talked (after he left a message asking some questions about when he would be getting his money)he told me that just talking to me turned his stomach and made him sick (funny until the newest gf he and i were getting along good considering) and that i am never to call or contact him again. I guess i just send what I have with a letter explaining and see what they say. Too bad that they could not make this form part of the separation agreement.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:58 PM

blinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura about

Well let them send him the package directly then and you don't even have to worry about his side of things!
Old 08-09-2011, 08:30 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkandimgone View Post
Well let them send him the package directly then and you don't even have to worry about his side of things!
That seems like the way to go. I think he changed his licence as yesterday was his birthday and he had to get his licence renewed also. He must also be getting his mail redirected because no more is coming to the house, or he is just coming over when I am not home and getting it out of the mailbox.

Oh shit i just remembered, I have to change my life insurance policy, he still is listed as beneficary on there. OOOOPPPS. There should be a check list of what to do after a separation/divorce. Maybe someone can do a sticky??
Old 08-12-2011, 11:49 AM

ProudMomof3 is on a distinguished road

It seems Revenue Canada gives different answers. My ex and I split up, but lived in the same house for six months. They said we had to be living in separate households.

Be careful though. If you send in your form, follow up with a phone call! I sent my form in at the end of January, and never got an increase in my benefits. I sent it in along with my direct deposit forms. Because my payments begain going into my bank account, I didn't phone about the marital status form, since I sent them in together. Well, I still hadn't receieved back pay, so I called a month ago, only to be told they never received the marital status form. Huh? Did they pick on form and toss the second?

So, after sending it, follow up and see that they received it.
Closed Thread