Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2015, 07:59 PM

mcdreamy is on a distinguished road
Default Canadian Military endemic with sexual harassment

What a painful review of our military system, and certainly a good read.

Now I understand why certain of our military member(s) posting here is/are as misogynistic as he(they) is/are, and posts daily negative gender commentary. It appears our military continues to consent to promoting misogyny from within.

What I don't understand (and likely never will), is why other military members don't step in and insist the behavior stops, from one of their own. I wouldn't let this nonsense happen with the people I work with, in my office. A movie in the making, perhaps?

Nevertheless, I look forward to spending my tax dollars on knocking these ones down:

Harassment in Canada's military tolerated by leadership, former justice finds - Politics - CBC News

Source: CBC.ca - Canadian News Sports Entertainment Kids Docs Radio TV
Old 05-02-2015, 08:12 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Yes I have noted the misogynistic "attitude" which comes across quite clearly on here. At times these posts come across to me as paranoid; poster is convinced all women are out to ruin men.

I hope those "alpha janes" in the military aren't turning a blind eye to this behavior. Cudos to those boys and girls who do speak out.
Old 05-04-2015, 06:31 AM
Banned

serendipitous is on a distinguished road

Playing devil's advocate...and nobody condones harassment of any kind..be it gender, race (although this is debatable when you hear some people talk) etc. This issue is not specific to the military now is it? The police force, public sector workplace, firefighters, RCMP, Paramedics are just a few of the places where this also happens, and unless someone is delusional in the little town (boonies) they live in, then they will know this is an issue that transcends all places of work.

Saying that it appears that an organization "consents" to such despicable behaviour, is purporting assumptions which seem out to lunch.
Old 05-04-2015, 08:12 AM

It seems to me that some of the most blatant misogynists on this forum over the past 3-4 years have been members of the military. Sad thing is that these people will very likely go on to instil same values in their children.
Old 05-04-2015, 08:44 AM

piggybanktoex is on a distinguished road

In the middle of my ex's gold digging activities, she stated that I was a misogynist.

I politely pointed out that wasn't true. I simply hated her now.
Old 05-04-2015, 09:19 AM
Banned

Wow....just like how spousal support claimants and false domestic violence (in order to gain custody and matrimonial home) people will go on to instil this in their children right? Oh wait, that can't be so

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian View Post
It seems to me that some of the most blatant misogynists on this forum over the past 3-4 years have been members of the military. Sad thing is that these people will very likely go on to instil same values in their children.
Old 05-04-2015, 09:25 AM
Banned

It's the most common accusation along with Narcissist, and other delusional names directed at men to convince themselves that they are the sane one, which in essence just means a man that refuses to be used as door stopper, or one that won't say how high do you want me to jump honey.

There are many a Misandrists out there, and it starts with thinking they are the better parent, making up sh1t to get custody, going after spousal support because they have low self esteem to stand on their own 2 feet, and just let emotions run wild because they got dumped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piggybanktoex View Post
In the middle of my ex's gold digging activities, she stated that I was a misogynist.

I politely pointed out that wasn't true. I simply hated her now.
Old 05-04-2015, 09:35 AM

Hilarious. Mcdreamy I agree with your initial thread comments 100%
Old 05-04-2015, 09:58 AM

piggybanktoex is on a distinguished road

Ideally, the armed forces, and everywhere actually, should be bias-free with credit based on merit.

That said, the differences between the genders is real as well and some joking around should and could be tolerated, in the right circumstances and context.

It can be a slippery slope as what is funny to one person, is not funny to another. Always better to err on the side of caution, politeness, and respect.

Except in cases of vindictive ex-wives....that's that credit/merit thing.
Old 05-04-2015, 10:34 AM
Banned

^ Ex wives and merit in the same sentence, definitely an oxymoron. Now that is hilarious