Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

View Poll Results: Was the long gun registry a good idea?
Yes, It was/am in favour of it. 9 50.00%
No. I was/am against it. 4 22.22%
Undecided. I do not know. 1 5.56%
It was a good idea conceptually, but poorly executed. 4 22.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2012, 11:54 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

I am still waiting for Zardoz to float by and vomit guns on everyone. It was in a movie so it has to be true!

"The gun is good, Go forth!"
Old 12-23-2012, 09:01 AM

Lorac is on a distinguished road

I was referring to my X. His wish was to have my firearm taken and a charge laid against me. It backfired as he is the one who was disproved.

Firearms are not toys nor should they be treated as such. There is zero tolerance from the police when you threaten someone's life...as it should be. I have but one firearm that I use for hunting. My firearm is in a locked metal cabinet with a trigger lock on it and my shells are locked in an entirely different cabinet. I am and have always been a responsible hunter. I do not collect weapons of any sort, simply because I have no need for them.

I ask permission to hunt on any farmers property and make sure that our party is the only party so that there is no possibility of an accident with unexpected hunters.
Many farmers will ask you to hunt on their property because it is over run with deer that are eating all the corn.

We each have our own opinions about firearms and that's OK. This is an issue that will never go 100% in favour or 100% against.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:09 AM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorac View Post
I was referring to my X. His wish was to have my firearm taken and a charge laid against me. It backfired as he is the one who was disproved.

Firearms are not toys nor should they be treated as such. There is zero tolerance from the police when you threaten someone's life...as it should be. I have but one firearm that I use for hunting. My firearm is in a locked metal cabinet with a trigger lock on it and my shells are locked in an entirely different cabinet. I am and have always been a responsible hunter. I do not collect weapons of any sort, simply because I have no need for them.

I ask permission to hunt on any farmers property and make sure that our party is the only party so that there is no possibility of an accident with unexpected hunters.
Many farmers will ask you to hunt on their property because it is over run with deer that are eating all the corn.

We each have our own opinions about firearms and that's OK. This is an issue that will never go 100% in favour or 100% against.
its the same as anything else, a few idiots who dont have a brain between them make it bad for the responsible gun owners. I wish that they were all as responsible as you but unfortunatly that will never happen.
Old 12-23-2012, 12:32 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Lorac it's nice to hear you take great care with your guns. Being from the "wild west" part of the country I have grown up knowing many people who have guns and do go hunting. They too are careful. My sister went to school with Canada's gold medal skeet shooter (Natrass) and just last month I was at friend's farm where a gun was used to kill off a coyotte and gofers. Gun was safely, and securely stored. I've participated on many rides in the mountains where at least one person had a large gun strapped to the saddle. If a grizzly bear happened upon our group I would have to say I would be pleased that someone had a weapon that could likely protect us.

Every year we hear about idiots who like to hunt by getting in their rigged up trucks and fire automatic weapons from the back of the truck - hardly a fair game, more like a slaughter.

I also grew up going to bars where it wasn't uncommon to see pick-up trucks with gun racks parked in the parking lot. One time when I was young I recall there was an altercation in a parking lot and someone was shot. So much for the safety of locking up weapons.

Yes it does come down to the user in the end.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:57 PM

wretchedotis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by slughead10 View Post
thers nothing like target practicing with my tec 9

and i like the higher capacity magazines...less reloading
Tec9's and higher capacity magazines are prohibited in Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad2bandm View Post
Speaking to the recent events in Newtown...

All the guns used in the mass shooting were legally registered and owned by Mom...so it's frustrating to hear gun registry proponents claim that a registry would help prevent these events. Thus I'm against the registry..not including the financial waste it was as well.

What would have helped prevent that event is if Mom didn't decide to pull her personality-disorder son out of school to homeschool him instead. The school system that has more tools available to help such kids versus gun-nut Mom. Who apparently thought it was a good idea to keep her stash of guns in the household with her son who had such issues and apparently could get access to them.
I don't know how that woman's guns were stored, but part of the thing here in Canada is that weapons must be locked in a secure environment, with attachments either locking the trigger or of the breach mechanism so that they cannot be operated. Except in specific circumstances, ammunition must be locked and stored seperately.

For some reason, I suspect that woman kept her firearms loaded and in her dresser drawer. Assuming that is correct, a lock box may have helped.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:04 PM

hadenough is on a distinguished road

Quote by Slughead: "Thers nothing like target practicing with my tec 9

and i like the higher capacity magazines...less reloading"

^ Another fabulous comment by our resident Genius ^
*duelling banjos*
Old 12-23-2012, 08:34 PM

*WO* from what I've read, by all accounts it is believed that the mother's weapons were locked up properly. There is talk that the shooter tried unsuccessfully to purchase a gun, a few days before the shooting and was eitther denied and/or didn't want to go through the "waiting period" required. (I'm not sure what the waiting period consists of).

Things often get reported erroneously in the early days. Right now, there are far more questions than answers.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:47 PM

Quote by Mess " I prefer the sound of someone gurgling for air as I choke them out. The way their body struggles underneath me and the helplessness they feel when they can't even move their legs because I'm wrapped around them so that if they move their knees will pop.

What I don't like is the smell when then shit their pants as they go unconcious. But we all have to trade off our pleasures.

Have you ever been there Slughead? I'm told if you just surrender to it it's kind of transcendant."

Did I miss something? Was something edited out before the above post? It sounds like a UFC tap-out comment and is very graphic. Furthermore, I'm confused as to how the above relates to Guns, and the gun registry legislation.

Other than that, reading the above was quite frankly rather macabre/grotesque.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:55 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Pretty alarming and sick stuff. Graphic details about snuffing someone out is just the sort of shit that the RCMP should be reading about and investigating.

Totally gross.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:33 PM

Mess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the rough

Sometimes Slug and I push each other's buttons.

Grappling between consenting adults is legal, unlike using an assault rifle on toddlers. I'd love to grapple with Slug. I think he'd get a charge out of it too. I understand that you don't enjoy being a third party witness.

There is a concept referred to as "irony." Check it out, it is worth persuing. Slug made graphic statements about his use of automatic weapons. I responded with a more interpesonal form of conflict resolution. Yes, I could have sent it by PM, but really, Arabian, given the interpersonal nature of a number of postings you have made, are you really in a position to throw stones?
Closed Thread