Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2010, 05:56 PM

dinkyface will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakre90 View Post
K, Ill lokk that table up.

I want to be an equal sharing dad. But her parents make it tough. Cuz in court they are going to say that I was abusive and violent. I am neither, and I started psychological evaluation and parenting assessments to back me up.
And you will ask your friends, family, teachers, doctor, priest, policeman-friends (and best yet, EX girlfriends!) to write sworn statements stating that they have never seen any evidence of violent behaviour, maybe even with examples of where you have faced stressful confrontations without resorting to violent or abusive behaviour.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:07 PM

jakre90 is on a distinguished road

If we are not allowed to speak to each other, how do I go about getting my name on the birth certificate?
Old 10-12-2010, 06:10 PM

NBDad is on a distinguished road

You either email her, or send her a letter via registered mail.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:13 PM

dinkyface will become famous soon enough

... and if she refuses, then that's just another thing you will ask for when you go to court. That much is fairly routine, unless she goes silly by saying you are not the father.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:19 PM

What if she refuses to send back or accept the letter?
Old 10-12-2010, 06:20 PM

AND if she tries that game, you ask for a DNA test.

Usually what happens with that is you get ordered to undergo it...she pays for herself and the baby, and you pay for you. If you ARE NOT the father, you'll have to compensate her for her test and the babies test. If you ARE the father...she pays you for your test and sucks up the cost for her and the baby.

You then ask for COSTS because she's forcing you into court action by being unreasonable and playing games.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:22 PM

Quote:
What if she refuses to send back or accept the letter?
You get a tracking number when you send it signature required. You take the tracking number, plug it into the website, and monitor the status.

Then you have proof you tried to be reasonable. And when you go to a lawyer and pull her into court, you immediately begin requesting costs on each motion. Since the only reason you are IN court is because she's not being reasonable.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:32 PM

Could I not personally drop it off at her house? And would it be better to go to court before or after the baby is born?
Old 10-12-2010, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Could I not personally drop it off at her house?
And you intend to prove you gave her the letter how exactly?

Here's the thing, unless you have a signed agreement, that's been reviewed by independent legal counsel on BOTH sides...you go NOWHERE near her without either 1. a neutral witness (ie. NOT a family member) or 2. a PVR (personal voice recorder) hanging around your neck.

You ignore that, you WILL get screwed. She'll cry violence, likely at Daddy's urging, you'll get arrested for domestic violence, have a real restraining order slapped on you, and be fighting an uphill battle from the get go.

Quote:
And would it be better to go to court before or after the baby is born?
Get a lawyer NOW. By the time you are prepped for court, she'll have had the kid. It takes MONTHS to get the legal wheels turning. Sooner is better.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:45 PM

ok, i guess i can just send the letter lol.

What if Im using Legal Aid for court and lawyers? I cant do aything with legal aid until the baby is born can I?
Closed Thread