Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2016, 03:08 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian View Post
This being the general chat section I thought I'd post my dilemma and seek guidance from all of you wise people.
Smoke rises to the top but, shit rolls downhill and shit smells worse.
Old 08-12-2016, 01:04 PM

SteelCityDad is on a distinguished road

From my personal experience in Ontario.

I lived in a apartment in a house with a forced air furnace, tenant that lived on main floor and had basement used furnace room to smoke up in daily. Once my child was born D5 I began contacting the landlord about this issue.

Landlord was unable to get the tenant to stop this, and did not really take this matter serious as I did. I went to the landlord/tenant tribunal and started a case to get out of my lease as the landlord wished to charge me money for breaking the lease if I did.

Tribunal laughed at landlord and allowed me to break the lease, and stated to landlord that he was lucky I was not going after moving costs, and offset of rent for up to one year. I knew I could go after this but was only concerned about getting my daughter out of this home and was not intended for financial gains.

I documented when I called the landlord about this, and when it happened which was daily. I used the "affects my quality of living" at the tribunal.

This is a matter between landlord/tenant I believe and you should bring in to his attention.

Good luck!
Old 08-12-2016, 07:22 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Thanks SteelCityDad and others!

Moving is a real hassle and very expensive and stressful.

So hopefully the matter can be resolved before it comes to that.