Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2016, 01:12 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Links17 View Post
I'm kind of disappointed that I got no citations actually.... One of my regrets
In time you may. It takes time for lawyers to find it and use it.

Quote:
It's true getting a test based your case is quite an accomplishment because you have forever changed case-law and it was your legal argument that was retained and not the fact that the original judge just made "poor" decisions....
Your judge was beyond poor. He hated you which serves no justice for anyone. His personal opinions clouded what he was supposed to be... A judge!

Quote:
I didn't realize WD has been going on at 7 years of litigation, I am still at year 4, I have 3 more years I guess to reach his level of infamy.
All started in 2009. Still continues to this day.

I don't think you will have to deal with 3 more years of it. The other parent in your matter has gotten some bad advice but, doesn't proceed forward without a lawyer. The other party in your matter is going to have a real hard time finding a lawyer now. No lawyer wants a client who has an appeal against them. Remember, the lawyer's reputation is also published in CanLII too. WD has to deal with someone who will go it alone after no lawyer would take on her case and continues to this day.

Quote:
I give myself points though because winning appeals is worth 3x the amount of winning in the first instance -its 3 judges....
Appeals are no walk in the park. Very true.

Quote:
I have at least 2 more legal challenges, punitive damages against my ex's lawyers and I think I will file a CJC complaint against the judge that banned me from court.
I would say you have a good chance with the CJC complaint. But, you should do some research. I have been reading in the news that they are going to change to process because judges shouldn't judge judges. Google News should give you some hits. It may only be under review in Ontario. Not sure.

Quote:
You can get an idea of how important a judgement is in terms of case law by the # of citations (shows at the top of the judgement)
Generally. The system of jurisprudence kind of works this way.