Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2014, 10:21 AM

dad2bandm is on a distinguished road
Default 12 years later, child abducted by mother found

Missing Texas girl found in Mexico 12 years after she disappeared with her mother | National Post

Can't even imagine. 12 years.
Old 10-03-2014, 12:35 AM

arabian will become famous soon enough

I read that article earlier. Something that jumped at me was the mention near the end of the story of how the child was just listed on the national registry just last Spring. Why did it take 12 years for that to happen I wonder?
Old 10-10-2014, 08:34 PM

mcdreamy is on a distinguished road

I think we should follow this case -- anyone interested?

I can't imagine losing kidlet on an access visit for 12 years either d2bm, and then finding her.

I used to worry that my ex [whom I thought has always favored depression], was going to commit a murder/suicide, but yet I fought my fear with common sense and got through that. I have the same question Arabian does - why so long to hit a missing registry?

Latest news as of today, is the mother continues to be held on bail. No new information.

Sabrina Allen?s mom, accused in kidnapping, appears in court | www.statesman.com
Old 10-11-2014, 06:26 AM

Headwaters1 is on a distinguished road

So my current situation is this. Last year my ex asks for a divorce and then asks if she can take the child to her home country. I of course say no.

She then files an EM which includes in the orders a request to move the child permanently to South America. The EM fails and I get interim joint 50/50. Many wild and outlandish allegations are made. She keeps making new allegations and shoots for sole. An assessor has determined them all to be false. They agree I am a good father and recommends joint and 50/50 access.

The assessor while validating that my concerns about a possible flight risk are "credible" then recommends the mother can take the child on international travel but for only a short short window.

This has been an extremely nasty case, all one-sided high conflict with lies and cheating galore. I know my ex will just simply go for a visit and then launch a custody case in her home country. It's a banana republic which routinely skirts international laws and thumbs it's nose at things like the Hauge Convention.

Anybody know of any case law or have any advice on what I should do?

My remedy was to limit travel abroad until a certain age (until the child can hold their own influence say 10 or 12).